Xbox Reveal

iAcorn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I dont know... I spent 5 minutes playing around with the smoke on Metro :P

Well, Clearly you're a simpleton. :P

Aye, where's the logic in calling it that?

I think 720 would've actually made sense.

The server's crashed showing the conference so I can't watch it, just picking up bits here and there from YouTube comment boxes and stuff.

I think they call it the ONE because it makes everything in you living room become ONE thing. Or some shit. To be honest, I think that they should have called it the "Infinity" and stuck with the prototype name.

I'm just glad that the XboxONE doesn't have a touch screen in the controller *stares at Sony*

I think they call it the ONE because it makes everything in you living room become ONE thing.

I know right, it's great! Because now I can watch TV on my xbox using my TV. It's revolutionary!!!

I know right, it's great! Because now I can watch TV on my xbox using my TV. It's revolutionary!!!

I think that that was ALL that they showed aside from Ghosts (which looks shit by the way)

I think that that was ALL that they showed aside from Ghosts (which looks shit by the way)

They showed TV, Skype, Ghosts (which sucks), FIFA (which sucks even more) AND Forza 5 (which is awesome but not as good as dirt 3)

Most dissapointing thing I've ever watched

• Supporters

Atleast they actually showed something :lol:

You cant really compare forza to dirt, they're completely different types of racing.

I dont really see the huge dissapointment everyone else is getting? What did they expect? Its a box that plays games, now with a few extra features?

Atleast they actually showed something :lol:

You cant really compare forza to dirt, they're completely different types of racing.

I dont really see the huge dissapointment everyone else is getting? What did they expect? Its a box that plays games, now with a few extra features?

In theory, the specs for the new system would make it rival an entry level gaming pc. They could throw more features to make actual gaming so much better.

But (and this is the reason alot of people are pissed) They are wasting limited resources on gimmickry instead of increasing the gaming potential.

When you have a place of your own and you pay your own bills (might just be me with this opinion) But I dont like watching TV on my xbox, Id rather turn it off and watch tv, on the tv. saves wasting electric, and because my tv has a built in computer (thanks samsung) I dont need to worry about paying out for an xbox live subscription to watch free tv.

Not to mention that they have killed the seconhand and rental service, and by the looks of things they will hinder limit the offline capability of the console too.

"yeah but they have alot more servers now" Is what i keep hearing. and because they will focus their effort on streaming as much data as possible (Including entire games)

Xbox have made the assumption that every one has Unlimited subscription from their ISP's and that all their customers will have HD TV's (which they will not support Standard deff tv's)

Rant over....

• Supporters

I get that but if you don't want to, you don't have to use it?

I read somewhere that they have some way of sorting oout the secondhand/rental market somehow by uninstalling the game of one console once installed on another.

Offline is a problem though agreed, but at least it doesn't have to be online at all times like originally rumored :)

Compared to a PC its understandable but I don't see how people jump to judge the ps4 to be the better option, when we dont even know huge amounts about it yet. Granted it has got better ram though.

Its more a case of its wasting power on things it doesnt need. Which in turn bumbs the price up.
Im not saying the PS4 is a better choice but playstation who have already allowed the free to play market hit their current gen console (PS3) while xbox refuses to allow so (they wouldnt allow the vast amount of patches that comes along with F2P MMO games) As well as the fact they are forcing the user to use the kinect (A gimic feature that many do not like or want to use) Again if they were to ship it with out the unit and feature it would bring the retail price down maiing it a better opition.
Although In all fairness specs can change, from now to launch as you will find it is never set it stone.

Compared to a PC its understandable but I don't see how people jump to judge the ps4 to be the better option, when we dont even know huge amounts about it yet. Granted it has got better ram though.

Well for first... PS4 actually has games :P

Im either way about it. It really depends on the reviews and what the launch titles are (aside from Ghoss- which I probs. Wont buy)

However, the PS4 looks rubbish. It does seem like Sony are trying to become Nintendo. Think about it- PlayStation Move is essentiallh a wii remote with a bollock strapped to it. Now the PS4's controller is just like a smaller WiiU.

So Sony offer more of a choice, and new innovations.

Xbox offer TV as their only new invention and you think they're better?

Move is not optional, Neither is Kinect although Xbox seems to promote it more in their games. PS is still the major gaming platform that doesn't require the additional hardware.

• Supporters

Is connect or move actually any good? I'm yet to use either, I've had a go with the wii- is move much like that? Though more serious I'd guess?

What about connect? The closest I can think.of was that camera that used to be on the ps2 (I think, I never actually had one) I think it was called eye toy or something, I remember a friend having one. Are they comparable?

• Supporters

The Eye Toy was awful, but amazing. I used to spend hours washing windows... Then I got bored and spent the next few hours aimlessly driving around on GTA:SA.

Move is still pretty poor, but it can be fun. There is potential for it though as it is quite accurate in detecting movement. It just requires more time for developers to create games that can use the most of it.

Resi5 was pretty fun though.

The downfall for the kinect is that You need a a reasonable large clear space to use it for gaming (I had to rearrange my front room layout just to get enough room to play kinect games) which meant that when I was playing competitive games Because I saw sat so god damn close the kinect wouldnt work on any of my movements. and as for the voice control. well the downside is that you will shout your command 10 times before saying fuck it and use the control pad any way.

Archived