Xbox Reveal

iAcorn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Aye, where's the logic in calling it that?

I think 720 would've actually made sense.

The server's crashed showing the conference so I can't watch it, just picking up bits here and there from YouTube comment boxes and stuff.

• Supporters

I can see the voice control being entertaining, someone playing a game, just go in the room and tell the Xbox to put TV on...

Also, why has no-one in the audience shouted "Xbox off" yet?

I can see the voice control being entertaining, someone playing a game, just go in the room and tell the Xbox to put TV on...

Also, why has no-one in the audience shouted "Xbox off" yet?

Well that's one new way to rage quit when playing split screen against mates :P

Interesting design.... Its a goddam VCR player.

Every year the xbox fans slate the Sony for making ugly consoles. Thank god for Microsoft making a fugly one as well.

Didn't reveal alot in my thoughts. Also, I don't want to dish out on a new media hub. I JUST WANT A F***ING GAMES CONSOLE

I thought the reveal was really quite terrible. I think they have a good console. Looks okay in my opinion and it has Blu Ray. So at least we get games on a single disc now but still... The entire presentation let them down. It was AWFUL! They revealed hardly anything. All they done was jabber on about TV and sports. I wanted to smack them in the face. I'm a gamer. I dont give a flying f*ck about NFL or any crappy sports games that they copy/paste every year. Also I already have a TV so why spend so much time talking about how they will revolutionise how we watch it. Sure it's neat but when you reveal a GAME console you should focus on things gamers want to know. Specs, power and something important... THE GAMES and GAMEPLAY. Not CGI trailers... The entire reveal was a huge facepalm. Way too short and stupid. I'm looking forward to the console, but not because of that reveal.

I hope the person who put the presentation together got fired... Also During the hour the reveal was streaming, Sonys stock increased by about 10%... I'm not even joking!

Pre-orders are £400. Taking the price of someone buying a cheap pc/laptop (£300), and adding the console price (£400)...

£700 will buy you a decent-ish gaming pc, that is also... a TV, a media centre, all in one...

Next gen hasn't won me over to console gaming.

• Supporters

The shelf price being only £400, is that something they announced, or just something you're stating, Tariq?

It's not a stab, I just didn't watch it.

I think a no hassle £400 is more appealing than £700 on a machine that through my entire life I've never fully understood and have always broken on me after a year or less.

So for me it wins on price by a mile. But even I'm thinking a PC might be the way to go now. I just need to get saving.

The shelf price being only £400, is that something they announced, or just something you're stating, Tariq?

All the games stores are already taking pre-orders at that price, so its pretty official.

£700, where you guys pulling that price from.

The gaming machine I am on now cost me under £200 to build. the only parts I didnt buy were hard drives and thats because I had aload spare.
Dual core CPU (Modern games dont use more than 2 cores as it is) 8gb ram, and a GTX550ti graphics card.
It plays every game at better than console graphics setting, also faster and at a higher resolution than current console settings (current consoles being 720p, while I game at full 1080p)

Not to mention I can use anything I want as a control pad on my computer, If I can think of it. I can use it.
I can use better screens. I have better performance, Live play is free. Building a computer is something you learn as a kid. remember that toy with the shape cut out holes, thats what it takes to build a computer, parts only go in one way. cant fuck it up.

But back on topic, XBOX one I look forward to the day. Why? because I am going to run into my friend house shout "Xbox, Internet explorer, google, safe search off, bestiality, Open in all tabs" Then run the fuck away.

• Supporters

I just want to tell an Xbox to go home it's the only reason I'm interested other than the Story from the New COD (I Haven't bought the last couple)

£700, where you guys pulling that price from.

The gaming machine I am on now cost me under £200 to build. the only parts I didnt buy were hard drives and thats because I had aload spare.

Dual core CPU (Modern games dont use more than 2 cores as it is) 8gb ram, and a GTX550ti graphics card.

It plays every game at better than console graphics setting, also faster and at a higher resolution than current console settings (current consoles being 720p, while I game at full 1080p)

Well you're making a saving by using old HDDS :P (a 1TB HDD being the same price as your GPU)

And i was reffering to making a decent PC new with all major brand components.You CAN build cheaper, but personally i don't trust cheap brands (expecially for PSUs) and its no where near as Gucci.

Modern games do use more than 2 cores now btw. Especially those with PhysX.

Well you're making a saving by using old HDDS :P (a 1TB HDD being the same price as your GPU)

And i was reffering to making a decent PC new with all major brand components.You CAN build cheaper, but personally i don't trust cheap brands (expecially for PSUs) and its no where near as Gucci.

Modern games do use more than 2 cores now btw. Especially those with PhysX.

......1tb HDD is £50

Modern Games engines arnt opitmised for multicore utilization. (how ever the next gen will be thanks to consoles) Its mearly the extra threads and single core performance that gives most the illision that more cores are helping (its a more a case of the extra cores help run teamspeak and arnt a drain with other background programs)

As for Physx, its a gpu thing. More bluntly, its a Nvidia only thing. So unless you have a Nvidia GPU you cant have PhysX atm to be able to use a nvidia gpu as a physx card with an AMD maincard you have to use an unofficial driver patch.

As for the components, The build consists of all brand new components brough from PC world overclockers and Ebuyer

MSI Motherboard

Corsair 430Modular PSU

Intel CPU

EVGA gtx550ti gpu.

PNY Ram.

Cooler master case.

The motherboard is only h61 chipset so not suitable for overclocking and is limited to 1333Mhz ram. but again, unless you are a creative professional, it isnt noticeable. Take time to really learn about computer technology and you will notice how basic and cheap it really is.

For gaming all you need is an I5 a 3570k is the mos CPU you will need for gaming purpose, for the next 3 years Id say. If some one says I7, unless you are rendering out video and doing 3d video, I7 is just going to be used to make bench tests look pretty and for braging rights. The extra hyper threading will be better, but only by about 3-5fps. not worth the extra £80 for.

Edit: Just throw together a Build quote for £500 using high performance components.

MSI Z77 Motherboard (top tier chipset for Intel 1155socket motherboard)

8 GB Corsair vengance ram

600w Corsair PSU

Cooler Master case

GT660 GPU

I5 3570k (could save £50 if you do not intend to overclock)

1TB HDD.

In all, PC gaming is as expensive as people think it is. It can be. But it doesnt have to be.

• Supporters

£700, where you guysBut back on topic, XBOX one I look forward to the day. Why? because I am going to run into my friend house shout "Xbox, Internet explorer, google, safe search off, bestiality, Open in all tabs" Then run the fuck away.

I can see one huge problem with this, Internet Explorer will take too long to load, will crash, or simply won't load at all, so you won't even be able to get to the Google stage of your plan.

I can see one huge problem with this, Internet Explorer will take too long to load, will crash, or simply won't load at all, so you won't even be able to get to the Google stage of your plan.

Sod it, I'll just do it via smart glass then. Load up meat swing and just throw it onto screen every time he is in a competitive match or something.

Modern Games engines arnt opitmised for multicore utilization. (how ever the next gen will be thanks to consoles) Its mearly the extra threads and single core performance that gives most the illision that more cores are helping (its a more a case of the extra cores help run teamspeak and arnt a drain with other background programs)

As for Physx, its a gpu thing. More bluntly, its a Nvidia only thing. So unless you have a Nvidia GPU you cant have PhysX atm to be able to use a nvidia gpu as a physx card with an AMD maincard you have to use an unofficial driver patch.

Yeah that was the kind of spec i was thinking. Prices have dropped a little from when i last looked though.

You can also run PhysX off your CPU if your GPU isn't strong enough for it.

Deffo the case for Metro Last Light.

Yeah that was the kind of spec i was thinking. Prices have dropped a little from when i last looked though.

You can also run PhysX off your CPU if your GPU isn't strong enough for it.

Deffo the case for Metro Last Light.

Yeah prices are alot better now.

As for Physx again, Its never a case of if the gpu cant handle it. its a case of "if youre using a AMD gpu"

The differance between CPU & GPU for Physx operation is massive, GPUs are able to handy this kind of operation much better than what a CPU can.

Although even so, Physx has a massive potential but because of limits with the tech, which is Physx only really works on Nvidia GPUs, games companys dont actually do anything worth while with Physx. so all Physx does in current games is just add better looking particles that is it. Which is a shame. But yeah, physx isnt anything to threat about.

Maybe in about 3-5 years time it will be worth while. but at the moment, its a useless technology.

Maybe in about 3-5 years time it will be worth while. but at the moment, its a useless technology.

I dont know... I spent 5 minutes playing around with the smoke on Metro :P

Archived