Kids in airsoft

sammy7676
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Of course kids are going to play. It's a game with toy guns.

If they get excited and make mistakes, it is because they are kids.

There also seems to be alot of 18 year olds referring to 15 year olds as kids? Most people can't tell the difference, and lads never grow up anyway (especially ones that play with toy guns)

I have more of a problem with guys over 30 who take it far to seriously, dress up as movie characters (with obsessive detail) and run around barking orders because they have never had any authority in real life.

I've seen some pics of grown men dressed like idiots infront of the mirror thinking they look cool. I shown one to my girlfriend last week, she said she would rather come home and find me in bed with another woman, than come home and find me dressed like that in the bathroom.

"I shown one to my girlfriend last week, she said she would rather come home and find me in bed with another woman, than come home and find me dressed like that in the bathroom."

Funniest thing I've read all day! I know what your saying about the older serious lot. That's a whole other thread in itself.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only thing I normally say in a skirmish is "mag swap/change", or when I get someone I normally I just laugh and say "Got him/one!" or something. I try not to be loud when I say it though, since it could mean the difference between being spotted and staying concealed.

I think the whole "looking the part" aspect is half the fun, as long as you keep it to looking like a soldier from 'x' nation, and not someone from a crappy movie no one watches.

I think the whole "looking the part" aspect is half the fun, as long as you keep it to looking like a soldier from 'x' nation, and not someone from a crappy movie no one watches.

Why only dress up as a nation's army? I couldn't stand the idea of wearing the same as EVERY other person.

My normal kit isn't based off any country, and I also have a Half Life 1 kit that everyone i've played against has enjoyed seeing.

What is "looking the part"? Your part is just having fun in the woods, not being on patrol in Afghanistan...

I have realised that my wording in that post wasn't brilliant.

What I meant to say is that there is looking "cool", and there is looking tacky. It's all down to personal preference, I understand, but when you have kit that's supposed to resemble a video game/movie character, and it just doesn't, then it can be awkward..........

I have realised that my wording in that post wasn't brilliant.

What I meant to say is that there is looking "cool", and there is looking tacky. It's all down to personal preference, I understand, but when you have kit that's supposed to resemble a video game/movie character, and it just doesn't, then it can be awkward..........

Well yeah anything can be tacky.

its the same as just donning some MTP/Multicam with a L85 and it being a BAF loadout.

Detail makes it.

One thing I hate is multicam for the sake of multicam, and then people claiming its all tactical cuz its multicam :/

Multicam/MTP isn't that practical in most British woodland sites anyway. Far too bright, but it is nicer to look at than DPM.

• Supporters

I've seen some pics of grown men dressed like idiots infront of the mirror thinking they look cool. I shown one to my girlfriend last week, she said she would rather come home and find me in bed with another woman, than come home and find me dressed like that in the bathroom.

I know what you mean, but she is lying.

To be fair I'm planning a BSG loadout and I intend to have the details pretty much spot on, although running around barking orders because I've never had any authority isn't my style. For one, I've often had more authority than I'm exactly comfortable with, and the only time I say anything order-like, rather than a suggestion or, more often, exhortation, is when we've previously agreed on a strategy and someone has grasped it with all the vigour of a lost sheep. Personally I enjoy the esprit de corps that comes with good natured orders, especially when we win... the same person giving orders when we lose is a jumped up pillock mind :D

Why do the BSG thing though? Because I can. When I was a kid it was impossible to get cool stuff - I mean even if you were rich, stuff which looked exactly like, or even better was exactly the same, as stuff you saw in films/TV just wasn't available. Plus my dad was a tight as a duck's arse under water... Now I can prioritise my spending so that I can have stuff I want to play with. Perhaps I should find something more grown up to play with, but then again, I already have. 'Real adventure' type toys soon end up being about 'make believe' because the truth is that I don't want to die, nor do I even want to spend any more time in hospital than my health requires, so the safety is pretty much assured.

Hi guys!

Im 14 and have been doing airsoft for about 6 months now, I have mid range kit, call my hits and follow all of the rules but due to my age and sise seem like a nusience on my team or in a small squad.

For example; the last time i was at a skirmish I was getting shot at from behind, so as you do i told a few team mates who were older than me and I wasnt listened to,after about 2 minutes i assumed he didnt hear me so i said it again he told me not to worry....we all got shot from behind-_-

So does anyone else have a problem with kids at airsoft (i wont be offended if you do) and if you do, why?

Thanks guys!

dead men dont talk thou?

no no issues at all with younger players. very entusiastic for the most of it. sometimes does things that make you go "ehurrrrm", but then again so does others.

the worst players are grown ups acting like children. throwing tantrums etc etc.

• Supporters

dead men dont talk thou?

no no issues at all with younger players. very entusiastic for the most of it. sometimes does things that make you go "ehurrrrm", but then again so does others.

the worst players are grown ups acting like children. throwing tantrums etc etc.

Dead men don't talk true but at no point did he say he was dead only that he was being shot AT from behind.

Hi.. i think you will find most people dont have a problem with kids playing. Kids do tend to ask more questions but thats not a bad thing.

Having run sites/days I have experienced most problems. My best advice to you is listen to the briefings. As you walk out to your first game of the day the idiot that shoots

you in the back for a laugh is the one that will cause the most problems. I say to people to play fair or take your petrol money and go home. Marshalls are there to help, use them.

I dont know how others feel about this but I have seen a few people at sites pretending to be dead walking up to people at point blank and shooting them. I even saw someone walking with this gun in the air, walked up to a group and sprayed them. Each time could have caused an accident.

Im thinking of running a range day and half hour skirmish for 12 year olds. Im trying to consider every problem I could face

Safety Brief

5 desks,3 Pistols, 3 shotguns,5 aegs, 3 support weapons, 3 snipers

Name the gun and its role... ie cqb

test fire at targets

De brief and award best shot.

Best shot gets to throw a dynatec BFG in to a building

Attack and defend simple objective skirmish....throw a few smokes and nades for effect

Its for 12 year old so low fps

The best part of the day for me will the pub at 5pm but any tips would be appreciated

Insurance could be fun with that :D

Hmmmm, a U18 using a BFG? Seeing as U18s aren't allowed to use pyros, the insurance would be happy with that.

Then again, in the various cadet services we're trusted with firearms...but idk.

• Supporters

Insurance could be fun with that :D

and then some... you'll have to supply full face masks at the very least. I'd say that the only other place where hits are likely to leave painful injuries that will still bug them a while after is on the fingers. Those gloves with the plastic armour on the backs are pretty cheap and very effective.

Other than that, you probably already know and ring leaders, bullies, etc. The absolute last thing you need is some little toerag trying to rise up the pecking order by shooting "the unpopular kid" at close range... you could always mention that airsoft is a game of honour, glance meaningfully at a sniper rifle, and add that what goes around comes around...

I have a feeling that there are extra legal ramifications to the waiver when it's kids' parents signing it, like that puts you in loco parentis or something, so you need to have a full on risk assessment including any of the plagues little'uns can be laid low by and a designated ambulance caller, first aider, first aid kit, fire officer, fire drill, know where the fire gear is, bla de bla...

It might be best to try to get an existing youth club or something like that interested.

far as hit taking goes one of our marshals carrys an aeg with him, if he hears of someone not taking their hits he watches them. if hes not sure he shoots them himself, and will then go up to them and tell them off. happens again off the pitch. seems to be quite effective with anyone in his vicinity, course in a large field... also saying 12 years old is very specific, youd likely be better 'an introduction to airsoft day, for teenagers/12-16' or some such. also for each new person at briefing should really be shot at short range at some point so you can got it hurts right, so try not to full auto someone at short range... also everyone has a different opinoion on short range so a rough representation rather than same room/building might help...

Dead men don't talk true but at no point did he say he was dead only that he was being shot AT from behind.

My bad, language problem^^

Hmmmm, a U18 using a BFG? Seeing as U18s aren't allowed to use pyros, the insurance would be happy with that.

Then again, in the various cadet services we're trusted with firearms...but idk.

no BFGs unless you're 18. Might be wrong, but quite sure you have to sign not to let under 18s use them when you buy VFG. Every site I have skirmished on you need to be 18 for BFGs... If you're under 18, just get tornados? *shurgs*

Cadets have nothing to do with airsoft.

ambush allows BFG's for under 18s.

BFG aren't technically pyro so probably aren't classed as a firework under law

BFG aren't technically pyro so probably aren't classed as a firework under law

You're using 1 explosive (primer) to ignite a secondary explosive. What's not pyro about it :P

What I mean is its not like a firework like normal pyro is so probably wouldn't be classed as such under law, i may be wrong but going on assumptions. Basically it doesn't have a fuse

You need to be 18 to purchase blanks, im sure its the same with using them.

well you have to be 18 to buy a firearm but can be gifted one at 14 and use it on private land without supervision.... but then again, like has already been said, this is airsoft and there is insurance etc.

Archived