what colour bb's do you prefer

Pointman PUG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

yeah, the tracer units you can get are a strobe light in a can, and tracer BBs are really just glow in the dark, as the strobe goes off it 'charges them up' and they glow for a little while which is what gives the tracer effect. Without the strobe they're just really expensive BBs.

• Supporters

Yeah James, multicoloured mayhem indeed!

The Gun Tuff ones are about £7 delivered for 5000 and u can get them in translucent red = pink mist lol!

it's was funny how me and my friends got 5 packets of yellow, green, blue, white and pink bb pellets and mixed them all together in a tub.

I filled them up in my AK and when I fired it, it was like shooting out an array of rainbows which was absolutely hilarious; we laughed like hell.

In the day I find white is basically like tracer so much that I use it to lead my LMG onto targets.

On the tracer BBs can you mix in normal bbs and so have a kind of 1 tracer ever 5 rounds thing like is used in real life?

In the day I find white is basically like tracer so much that I use it to lead my LMG onto targets.

On the tracer BBs can you mix in normal bbs and so have a kind of 1 tracer ever 5 rounds thing like is used in real life?

yes mate...but only if your playing in low light conditions as they are not too bright and you see no difference!

for cqb just normal whites but when being stealthy i go black as they are hard to spot when coming towards you,whites do give you position away especially if your firing a fair few off

• Supporters

At the moment, due to budget problems and lack-of-choice at my local site, I just use white everything.

In the past I used to use a black/white (or green/white) mix to simulate a tracer; one white to every five-ten black (dependent on the mix, I used to keep varied jars for different situations), I found this far more effective than using an actual tracer, for a start, opponents are less likely to clock it, an actual tracer round is an active light source and draws the eye instantly, normal white pellets just reflect light which doesn't draw nearly as much attention (one of my concerns was people covering whoever I was shooting, I was more concerned about them clocking my shot than the person who's just been knocked out the game by it).

My mix ratios would tend to be decided by the environment I was playing. 1:5 would be for CQB because I'd need more tracer rounds to make sure I was on target quicker, especially with semi auto being my main fire mode. 1:10 was for support gunning and I usually reserved a mix of about 1:8 for woodland and outdoor. Obviously they didn't always come out the mag in those exact ratios, but they did average out alright.

If you're going to mix two types of ammo to create a basic tracer effect though, make sure your ammo is of equal quality and both types fire equally out of the gun they're being used in.

I've used proper tracers in the past as well but never liked the idea of sticking them through a silencer, I decided to build a tracer unit into my L85 to fix this.

I've just ordered two cheap gas grenades and I'll be putting whatever .12g I can find cheapest in them, preferably yellow.

Hope that helps.

• Supporters

Got a link for the grenades, Finius?

Archived