Winter Is Coming!

iAcorn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So with winter coming up and the colder months set in I am curious to see how your loadouts change, if at all. It would be fun to see if anybody has some snow camo gear even though its rare in this country (I miss the years when snow was reliable!).

I havent prepared anything yet but I will need to add another layer I think. Depends on how much running and action there is.

As soon as my Glock 19 coughed, I had a new Skorpion AEP, drop leg holster and 5 mags land on my doorstep. :)

The G19 is going to have a few months off now!

Also, I am now looking forward to wearing my ghillie suit too- rather than feeling like a paedophile in a Winnie the Pooh costume in Disney Land during summer!

I just add an endura base layer and roll my sleeves down.

My first game in Jan i had t-shirt, fleece, beanie and old issue woolen headover. By lunch time i was in just the t-shirt!

DARN CLIMATE CHANGE. Its a shame we dont really have a proper cold winter with you know.. snow and all. I think it would be fun to use loadouts specific for winter and winter camo. But alas, this aint Canada. Anybody ever done a snow game?

We had a couple back at the start of the year at Centurion; pretty enjoyable, so long as you can avoid falling over once it starts turning to slush underfoot! :P

Couple of photos here:

SAM_0075.JPG

SAM_0078.JPG

SAM_0101.JPG

Rest of the photos here

Desert DPM actually worked quite well; especially in the more brown coloured grassy areas and trees.

Last year my G36 was dead. So i just ended up in the black mesa kit all winter.

Cold was an understatement

• Supporters

I've always just worn the same kit all year around and added more layers when it's cold.

Only snow game I've ever done was at the start of this year, it was on a 90 acre woodland site and the game was to achieve set objectives that changed as the game went on. The idea was to just keep going and going and if people needed any extra stuff or ran out of ammo they could just make their way back to the safe zone.

Game lasted about 5 hours, very cold and wet the whole time, but it was awesome fun.

That sounds like a hell of a game! Which site was that played at? I'm almost done with my loadout. All I need now is a jacket to wear over my UBACS when it's cold. Or I can just put the sleeves on the UBACS but that's not as comfortable and I am not sure how warm my torso will be. I'll be running my finished loadout on the 3rd Nov at The Grange. Hopefully there will be pictures :)

I'll be running my finished loadout on the 3rd Nov at The Grange. Hopefully there will be pictures :)

Still yet to put a face to your name. Will be there on the 3rd aswell :P

• Supporters
That sounds like a hell of a game! Which site was that played at? I'm almost done with my loadout. All I need now is a jacket to wear over my UBACS when it's cold. Or I can just put the sleeves on the UBACS but that's not as comfortable and I am not sure how warm my torso will be. I'll be running my finished loadout on the 3rd Nov at The Grange. Hopefully there will be pictures :)

I was on a site near Mansfield called Welbeck Academy, run by Phoenix Airsoft. Not a fan of the site owners though, they're pretty pretentious, elitist douche bags.

The site is pretty awesome though, think I might make another trip down once I've got a sniper.

Still yet to put a face to your name. Will be there on the 3rd aswell :P

Excellent :) I'll be running my MP5 (since its the only AEG I have!) and the AF-UK forum patch, so just look for that. In fact give me a day or two and you'll see who to look out for in the gear section. The skirmish on the 3rd still hasnt been put up on the grange shop though so I havent booked it yet.

• Supporters

I should be going to the grange on the 3rd as well if i can get it off work.

Also for winter i usually just use my BDU shirt if dry cold or when its raining

ill use my waterproof jacket.

I should be going to the grange on the 3rd as well if i can get it off work.

Also for winter i usually just use my BDU shirt if dry cold or when its raining

ill use my waterproof jacket.

You can come as long as you don't sneak up on me and make me surrender like last time :P But it was lots of fun and I appreciate not being shot from 3m away in the back of the head. See you there!

• Supporters

Lol its only coz ya got me on my first try in getting round on that flank :D but yeah its good as well you didnt scream hit and give my position away. At the end of the day i wouldnt wanna get shot from that close :D

• Supporters

Chest rigs and plate carriers keep all the heat in most people will ever need if they actually run around at all. I'll switch gloves and probably bring an extra jacket for sitting in the safe zone, that's about it.

Generally just stick to CQB sites in the colder months and save any woodlands games for the summer. F*** getting wet and muddy in my own time, let alone all the kit cleaning afterwards,

Archived