types of load bearing rigs

craig
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

what do you prefer  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Webbing

• Molle
    • PLCE
    • Alice
  2. 2. Assault vests

• Fixed
    • Molle
  3. 3. chest rigs

• Fixed
    • Molle
    • Go commando

so lads what do yee use and why?

for example

i use webbing as i can carry every thing a need plus extra stuff and if i want i can ditch my kit and run around with just the LMG

• Supporters

I`ll just write it here so you can tell me which one`s i`m supposed to pick

i run a belt Rig 100% of the time and only wear my Plate carrier or a Bag during MilSim`s (with my AR or My LMG)

MOLLE PC. Just sorted a smaller lighter one. But also just put a belt rig together to have a try.

Went with a MOLLE PC as i hated the PLCEwebbing I used as a cadet instructor and dont like the fixed assault vests. I like the semi ridged feel of the PC and the "as you want it" endless options of MOLLE.

WAS frag belt (molle) with a molle harness. Basically webbing. I have a PC I used 3 times and hate it. Far too bulky for me.

ww2 webbing, basic and simple. if i'm in dpm's with my sniper i run a belt with a mag pouch dump pouch and dropleg holster

• Supporters

Never liked the idea of fixed vests or rigs, but I've used/am using everything else.

99% of the time I game in a PC with a MOLLE belt, gives me the versatility I need to mount my kit wherever I like on my person.

Summer: PLCE with 2 magazine and 1 utility pouch (for water), as its light does, not rest on my huge stomach and allows the rest of my body to "breathe"

Winter: Viper assault vest as its adds some insulation and carries all my mags and bottle of water for the winter play

KISS is my motto. (and cheap as its a game after all and no amount of money is every going to improve my performance, apart from a personal trainer!)

• Supporters

I wear a plate carrier with lots of molle, I like it modular as I'm always moving stuff around etc.

However most of the time I take it off and leave it.

Thinking about picking up a shoulder strap bag, keeps everything light and out of the way :)

for the Vietnam game i did i carried a grab bag (for my food ammo grenades) and two claymore bags (pistol more grenades my radio and a claymore) basically ditched them every 10 minutes and ran around like a nutter. one min i think i have a pic? there we go light weight in action

DSCF4717.jpg

(the one on the left with no cover)

Warrior RICAS for CQB and all dayers/mil-sims, Viper MOLLE belt for woodland (lighter for the greater distances and hills). Plus underneath a belt with holster and pistol pouches for when its pistolling time!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I've never used a plate carrier so I can't comment but I've got my Web-tex vest adjusted to fit perfectly, all the straps taped tidy and loops of paracord to keep the mesh stretched comfortably. I've got a camel bodged onto it too now and the ammo pouches are the type that's big enough to hold AK mags, so with 2 side utility pouches, 1 for gloves & 1 for used mags, 2 little pouches (grenade?) for fags, lighter, pills & mag winder, etc., 2 pouches for a maglite & multi-tool (pistol mag type speed loader and lock-knife in mine), I'm nearly sorted. The only problem is that the side pouches don't really work as dump pouches in a hurry. I've got a drop-leg molle platform to remedy that with a home-sewed effort while I'm wearing waterproof over-trousers and I expect the cargo pockets of combats will work ok as it gets warm and dry. About the only other thing I could do with is some kind of long thin pouch on the left of my chest for flash/bangs, but they fit in my ammo pouches for the time being...

I hate the Alice system though. Those springy clips don't inspire any confidence in me and they stab you if you have to dive about wearing it! PLCE strikes me as being unnecessarily heavy, but then again, I don't have much experience to go on...

The only problem I can foresee with a whole molle set-up and me is fiddling with it... TBH, I think that come summer I'll be looking to ditch everything I don't absolutely need so that'll mean 2 waffle mags attached to my AK with lanyards and velcro on the stock and 2 more in pockets and my camelbak... another pocket full of fags and sweets and I'll be set ;)

Archived