Scar Advice

Klone

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Looking for a scar, and I've found a couple that I think are okay so a couple of questions I'd you don't mind.

First gun:http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-scar-l-black-short-cqc-airsoft-rifle.html

Second gun:http://www.airsoftworld.net/fn-herstal-licensed-scar-s-l-black-airsoft-rifle.html

Now, both look to be the same really. One made by cyma and one by g+g. I've read that g+g are the better guns but it's a massively high fps and the cyma seems lower and they offer a downgrade to the right fps.

Are cyma any good for an assault rifle?

Thanks!

*faint noise in the distance* tooooooookkkkkyyyyyoooooo maaaaaarrrruuuuuiiiiiii...

Best investment you'll ever make.

G&G scar's are solid both externally and internally. I prefer them over the newer WE AEG Scar's still but theres not much difference between them. You're better getting that & getting it downgraded than a CYMA one.

None the less, TM make the best scar on the market by far but your looking at £500+.

What prices are we looking at can I ask? I don't want to spend the world on a first gun as I want it quickly for the next skirmish Haha.

Isn't the we scar a gas gun?

WE make an open and closed bolt Scar yes but also have made an AEG variant. Basic AEG Scars like the G&G, ARES, D-Boys, WE etc are good but nothing spectacular. Stay away from D-Boys and Ares as they're rather naff. Tokyo Marui is obviously the best, and "the best" costs more. Second hand, you can get a TM Scar anywhere from £350 to £550. Worth it though as it's...recoiiiil *woaaaahhhh*.

Since when have CYMA made scars? or had logos or trades on there guns? There is no record of this anywhere apart from the one linked.

And youd need to be off your nut to be paying £279 for anything CYMA

Thanks for the replies guys. I will avoid the cyma one like the plague lol.

When it comes to downgrading the gun. Would you pay the site to do it or shall I do it myself? Obviously it's clear I'm a newbie so just need to know if it's easy or not hah.

Any recommendations or links to the needful would be great. Also a link to the recommended lipo battery would be ace as they are a pain in the scar

Being new to airsoft id pay the shop to downgrade it. Unless you are willing to attempt to do it your self. Most guns it will involve opening up the gear box. There are plenty of tutorials on you tube. But as a first starter gun I'd pay to get it done then you won't risk losing a spring or braking the box, and you get a gun you can get out box and skirmish the same day.

Got my WE aeg SCAR-L from proairsoftsupplies, they check the FPS and downgrade if necessary as part of the price.

Externally the WE is very good, the gearbox however is not quite as good quality as the G&G (gears are poorer quality), however the WE does release spring tension when shifted to safe which is quite a nice function.

Disassembly is very simple on the WE but it does have some proprietary parts such as the hop unit.

Tried to fit the 2200Mah Lipo from my F2000 into the Scar, it went in ok....then I couldn't get it back out again, had to take the stock to bits, so you'll want something smaller then that. :P

Edit: Just remembered another nice feature the WE has, the long barrel version actually just has an extender on it, which you can unscrew to reveal a standard -14mm thread. So if you want a shorter barrel swapping over just requires a shorter inner.

Damn the we sounds nice but on various YouTube videos the recoil seriously affects accuracy and that's coming from a guy who has played for years not a muppet like me Haha!!

I think I'd rather stick to electric :)

Damn the we sounds nice but on various YouTube videos the recoil seriously affects accuracy and that's coming from a guy who has played for years not a muppet like me Haha!!

I think I'd rather stick to electric :)

WE make an electric line of guns as well as gas, this has already been said in this thread

WE aeg doesn't have recoil, it's just a normal electric aeg: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/MCR-L-Black-Rifle-3026.html

They have it in tan + the H version as well, one odd function the H has is that it can use standard 5.56 M4 style mags as well as the heavier 7.62's, does look a bit weird with smaller magazines though..

• Supporters

Get the g&g, it'll likely come with a half decent warrantee too. We stuff tends to have a 3 month max one because they're lower end guns so you'd be better of with the g&g.

They'll both perform roughly the same anyway and the externals are better coloured on the g&g.

As Mack said, to my knowledge CYMA have never made a scar so I'd avoid that

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.