Tokyo Marui AEP limited upgradeability?

ruskitseller

Hello!

I saw a call TM MP7A1 AEP RIF and thought it looked cool and light. The issue seems to be that they really are not any good past 40 metres. 

Does anyone have any experience upgrading these and getting anywhere near 60 metres or is that impossible? 

I know the gas variant is supposed to be insane, but I am particularly interested in these AEP's. 

Cheers chaps. 

Good luck with it. I have one and I've just kept mine stock because they're a pain to work on and you won't push much more out of it. You can increase the power a little, but I've heard that the gearbox casing won't take it long term and will eventually crack, and good luck getting a new one if that does happen.

However, I've heard that the psionic AEP rubbers are pretty good and you could combine that with a 6.03 inner barrel to increase the power a little bit without putting any extra stress on the gearbox, but I don't think it'll improve it by that much.

Upgrading AEPs is horrendously difficult because of how they're built and the limitations of that, unfortunately. If you want an electric mp7 that has a bit more to give, then I've heard the VFC MP7 AEG variant isn't terrible any more, but I have no idea as I've never owned one. It is a full AEG though rather than an AEP.

9 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Good luck with it. I have one and I've just kept mine stock because they're a pain to work on and you won't push much more out of it. You can increase the power a little, but I've heard that the gearbox casing won't take it long term and will eventually crack, and good luck getting a new one if that does happen.

However, I've heard that the psionic AEP rubbers are pretty good and you could combine that with a 6.03 inner barrel to increase the power a little bit without putting any extra stress on the gearbox, but I don't think it'll improve it by that much.

Upgrading AEPs is horrendously difficult because of how they're built and the limitations of that, unfortunately. If you want an electric mp7 that has a bit more to give, then I've heard the VFC MP7 AEG variant isn't terrible any more, but I have no idea as I've never owned one. It is a full AEG though rather than an AEP.

Thanks for the reply mate. 

Ah that is such a shame, because it looks cool and is light too. I read begadi do some good stuff for AEP and I also see there is an AEP Brushless motor going around. 

Do you think a longer tightbore (hidden by suppressor) would help? 

One guy on Reddit wrote this would help:

But maybe it is time I gave up on the idea. :D 

• 9ball piston head

• PDI Raven 6.01 barrel

• LiPo mod, 800mAh 7.4v

• New gears, some TM

• As many seal mods as you can get

•  

Edited by ruskitseller

1 hour ago, ruskitseller said:

Thanks for the reply mate. 

Ah that is such a shame, because it looks cool and is light too. I read begadi do some good stuff for AEP and I also see there is an AEP Brushless motor going around. 

Do you think a longer tightbore (hidden by suppressor) would help? 

One guy on Reddit wrote this would help:

But maybe it is time I gave up on the idea. :D 

• 9ball piston head

• PDI Raven 6.01 barrel

• LiPo mod, 800mAh 7.4v

• New gears, some TM

• As many seal mods as you can get

•  

There is not enough volume in the cylinder to support a longer inner barrel. You would likely make things worse. 

I looked into it for my well mp7. From what I read it's alot of work for little  if any gains so not really worth it

Yes, alas I think there is no point in forking out for it really if this is the case. Maybe one day they will release the scorp with a v3 somehow. 

Cheers chaps.

Edited by ruskitseller

• Supporters

I've had great fun chasing more energy with my CYMA CM.127 AEP, which is essentially a clone of the TM AEP internals, but it's largely a folly.  There simply isn't enough cylinder volume to get much more oomph out of them, and it's a struggle even getting it back together with a stronger spring in it.  I never got it consistently above 0.55J.

https://eagle6.co.uk/ will provide parts if you want to try it.  I'd recommend copiously silicone greasing the air seal parts, as you can't afford to lose any puff.

The biggest improvement was going to lipo, I'd thoroughly recommend that.

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I've had great fun chasing more energy with my CYMA CM.127 AEP, which is essentially a clone of the TM AEP internals, but it's largely a folly.  There simply isn't enough cylinder volume to get much more oomph out of them, and it's a struggle even getting it back together with a stronger spring in it.  I never got it consistently above 0.55J.

https://eagle6.co.uk/ will provide parts if you want to try it.  I'd recommend copiously silicone greasing the air seal parts, as you can't afford to lose any puff.

The biggest improvement was going to lipo, I'd thoroughly recommend that.

Yes good shout, I had a look on E6. Its sort of a shame because surely the scorp could fit a V3 inside it, or am I way off with how big the RIF actually is? 

2 hours ago, Sewdhull said:

The spring is very much the limiting factor, if you could use another stronger spring I'd guess the gears and bearings would give up. 

Yes mate, I have read that the gear box shell is prone to breaking if you go too mad.

Cheers

5 hours ago, ruskitseller said:

Yes good shout, I had a look on E6. It's sort of a shame because surely the scorp could fit a V3 inside it, or am I way off with how big the RIF actually is? 

A V3 gearbox would not fit inside it.

Edited by Colin Allen

• 2 weeks later...