Events Similar to NAF

Hi there, after looking at events to try over the next year or so and not finding a great deal. Does anyone know of any events that are similar to the National Airsoft Festival? I used to like going when it was smaller and not so expensive (2016 was my last year) 

if it’s a 2 day event with a bit of a social then that would be perfect. I don’t get much time to play anymore so I like to make the effort when I can.

thanks

Josh

I've seen people say Shift Your RIFts is a great event.

46 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

NAF is...somewhat unique.  Have you considered doing weekend milsims?  Generally 24H games.

I’d definitely up for a 24/48 relaxed milsim once I’ve got all my gear together yes :) 

42 minutes ago, MrTea said:

I've seen people say Shift Your RIFts is a great event.

I can vouch having been attended this year and last year. I had a blast and I like to think the general feel was hugely favourable.

@joshcowin You should keep an eye on RIFT Airsoft's website and social media pages for updates. It will probably be around Jan/Feb next year that the dates are confirmed but you should expect the last weekend of May, give or take a week, to be the dates to save.

Rift is also holding a relaxed 48 weekend event, smaller scale than shift your rift. It is also on the August Bank Holiday this year. I think they're trying to entice some of the disenfranchised NAF goers.

I sold as a trader at SyR this year and from what I saw can't fault much if anything of the organisation by Tony and the site team. Kind of felt I missed out by not playing a bit. Food is decent and fairly priced considering all players are a captive market, but you can get takeaways delivered to the front gate. 

The player numbers were in the few hundred and not as big as NAF.

Edited by OTH21

1 hour ago, OTH21 said:

Rift is also holding a relaxed 48 weekend event, smaller scale than shift your rift. It is also on the August Bank Holiday this year. I think they're trying to entice some of the disenfranchised NAF goers.

Yes, that's the Epic Weekender. I attended that one last year in September and that went down very well. Smaller scale but well run and received.

AI500 but it has just as bad reputation as NAF. 🤣

I'll echo the praises for RIFT's weekenders. I went to Shift Your RIFTs this year for the first time and was super impressed by it. It was well run with plenty of staff to make sure things went smoothly and there wasn't too much cheating; I encountered a single person across the entire weekend who wasn't taking his hits. I haven't been to the epic weekender that they have coming up, but me and my friends may be heading there as we have no interest in the NAF now and it is probably a good alternative.

Outside of that, I go to AI500 regularly, but that's more of a social thing. The airsoft is usually generally poor, though I'd argue it's a bit better than the NAF, but the sites they secure are usually really great. I also go to Gunman's filmsim weekends, specifically Vietnam for myself but they also do Cold War, 90s and even Star Wars events! They're well run and a good laugh, run by a good team of people, though they have a few kit requirements to make sure everyone looks the part. Can't turn up to a Vietnam game in multicam with a hi-capa running m4 mags, but at the same time the kit doesn't need to be totally 100% accurate, no matter what the stitch-counters may say. An m4 with plastic grips and a carry handle, paired with a simple pair of black pyjamas and a chicom is a perfectly adequate VC kit, for example (captured weapon)

Film sim may be a thing to look into. The above events often have a load of kit for rental so you don't have to spend a ton on historic kit (or get really lucky). 

I know they have spaces still on the RedMist 5 game mid October and would be happy to kit out someone for WARPAC.