Random for drop from 290 to 230

Hi all just wonder what I did wrong when upgrading my delta armoury I put in 13.1 gear and gate aster and 22tpa motor and swapped out the hop unit to a zci plastic and maple leaf mr 60 bucking and the gear box hasn’t lost air seal and neither has the hop unit but when putting old hop on it’s the same if not lower.

anyone got any ideas?

Well its one of those things... my money is on the nozzle/ hop meeting, since that's a part you've changed and requires the right clearances and operation to not leak ( randomly or consistently)

When you say random drop - is it a case of '290, 290, 230, 290 etc' on the chrono, or are ALL shots now in the 230 range?

It's an important distinction with different causes and solutions. 

4 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

When you say random drop - is it a case of '290, 290, 230, 290 etc' on the chrono, or are ALL shots now in the 230 range?

It's an important distinction with different causes and solutions. 

Sorry I mean now all shoots are 230 sorry for the confusion

4 hours ago, Sewdhull said:

Well its one of those things... my money is on the nozzle/ hop meeting, since that's a part you've changed and requires the right clearances and operation to not leak ( randomly or consistently)

Do u know what nozzle I will need for a ZCI hop?

I don't. Normally the std nozzle is reused, but if the zci hop is a little further away or closer, or the hop rubber a bit longer in the lips then it varies.

You can usually see how far the nozzle comes forward through the bb feed hole, but you'll need to be able to push the cylinder forward so its  bit of a pain.

1 hour ago, Sewdhull said:

I don't. Normally the std nozzle is reused, but if the zci hop is a little further away or closer, or the hop rubber a bit longer in the lips then it varies.

You can usually see how far the nozzle comes forward through the bb feed hole, but you'll need to be able to push the cylinder forward so its  bit of a pain.

I had a look and they meat nicely but when I blow down the barrel air escapes in the hole the nozzle goes does that mean I need a thicker nozzle?

1 hour ago, metaljoelmole229 said:

I had a look and they meat nicely but when I blow down the barrel air escapes in the hole the nozzle goes does that mean I need a thicker nozzle?

Is the nozzle fully forward?  You can only really test the nozzle/rubber seal when it is.

19 hours ago, metaljoelmole229 said:

Hi all just wonder what I did wrong when upgrading my delta armoury I put in 13.1 gear and gate aster and 22tpa motor and swapped out the hop unit to a zci plastic and maple leaf mr 60 bucking and the gear box hasn’t lost air seal and neither has the hop unit but when putting old hop on it’s the same if not lower.

anyone got any ideas?

The only thing effecting fps here is the bucking and the hop unit, the best hop units are the ones that come with your gun 

11 minutes ago, Sewdhull said:

The nozzle needs to penetrate the lips a little so they seal around it

Wink wink saucy eh eh saucy. Say no more squire.😂😂

1 hour ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

The only thing effecting fps here is the bucking and the hop unit, the best hop units are the ones that come with your gun 

Have you ever encountered the Ares L1A1 and Masada hop units and the SRC MP5 hop unit?

22 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Have you ever encountered the Ares L1A1 and Masada hop units and the SRC MP5 hop unit?

No because I'm not silly enough to spend my money on those 😛

1 hour ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

No because I'm not silly enough to spend my money on those 😛

Which does not make your statement any less inaccurate. 😉

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

My Ares L1A1 worked lovely!

For half a game...

LOL; mine is great.  I don’t think there is much left internally that is original.  I even had to create a new COL.

Edited by Colin Allen

Posted (edited)
On 06/06/2024 at 13:14, ak2m4 said:

worth listing exactly what changes you made from the stock.  also measure your current and/or stock nozzle.  

Sorry I’m a little late, love ur site main brought it all from u expect 3 things

change: motor 22 tpa gear to shs 13:1, gate aster v2, maple leave mr 60, maple leaf barrel with the slip thing for the mr hop.

compression is stock.

but I have switch back to the old bucking and barrel and now getting 230fps and I thought it was the barrel and bucking cuz with the maple jet and mr hop I was betting 100 fps 

nozzle idk but with both bucking lips touch nozzle and the nozzle is stock j did try switch it with one I got in a compression kit from u and exact same results but I changed the hop to the ZCI with that nozzle and like 1 in 10 shoots hit 260fps

Edited by metaljoelmole229

Your piston is definitely running smoothly on the tracks moulded on the inside of the gearbox? It's not jumped out of them when you reassembled the gearbox?

3 hours ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Your piston is definitely running smoothly on the tracks moulded on the inside of the gearbox? It's not jumped out of them when you reassembled the gearbox?

No it’s not I did check and is that actually possible with the teeth on it?

7 hours ago, metaljoelmole229 said:

No it’s not I did check and is that actually possible with the teeth on it?

It can happen 

@metaljoelmole229 thanks man, much appreciated 🙂

So is this the order of events then, just for clarity as it often gets a little confusing to some (well me especially lol) :

• From stock changed to 13:1, 22TPA, ZCI Rotary and MR 60 - FPS dropped to 260 (Can you confirm what BB weight and the FPS before you changed the parts?)
  • Refitted stock inner barrel, hop chamber and hop rubber - FPS now 230

The nozzle is the kit is 21.4mm btw..

Seems you're going backwards 🙂  Whenever I hit "weird" issues like this I prefer to take everything back to stock, including the old trigger system, gears etc.  Once back to stock, chrono and then introduce each new part one by one.  I know it's a ballache of highest order.

One thing that can introduce weird FPS loss, worth checking.  Sometimes an inner barrel can move forward slightly inside the hop chamber if the retaining clip isn't attached properly, thus resulting in 100fps or so loss.  

On 09/06/2024 at 15:39, ak2m4 said:

@metaljoelmole229 thanks man, much appreciated 🙂

So is this the order of events then, just for clarity as it often gets a little confusing to some (well me especially lol) :

• From stock changed to 13:1, 22TPA, ZCI Rotary and MR 60 - FPS dropped to 260 (Can you confirm what BB weight and the FPS before you changed the parts?)
  • Refitted stock inner barrel, hop chamber and hop rubber - FPS now 230

The nozzle is the kit is 21.4mm btw..

Seems you're going backwards 🙂  Whenever I hit "weird" issues like this I prefer to take everything back to stock, including the old trigger system, gears etc.  Once back to stock, chrono and then introduce each new part one by one.  I know it's a ballache of highest order.

One thing that can introduce weird FPS loss, worth checking.  Sometimes an inner barrel can move forward slightly inside the hop chamber if the retaining clip isn't attached properly, thus resulting in 100fps or so loss.  

On first bullet point yes but stuck with og hop and fps was constantly at 230

and swap back to stock barrel bucking and swap og hop with zci and nozzle to a zci one and fps now at 230 but ever random shot like 1 in 10 jumps to 270 and I am using .25.  Sorry for the wait for response personally issues sorry.

Guy found fix.

give up hpa it and pretend I didn’t wanna have a aeg.

jokes aside I was thing of hpaing it in the near future but gonna use this in a cyma.