I am going to regret asking but... Vorsk parts VM9 pistol

Egon_247

Yes. i know. before you start on the tirade of abuse and i should have bought a TM blah blah, its the boys. Not mine. Mine is a WE and probably going to do the same thing as they all come from the same bucket of chinesium.... :D

So. Boy has a VM9. great little gas pistol, it has served him well. Unfortunately it has worn itself out. It fires but the trigger wont reset. So i guess i'm looking for spare parts for it as a) he bought it with his saved up money therefore has sentimentals and b) i cant bring myself to bin it. So......Can anyone find or know the whereabouts of a parts diagram for said toy, and with Nuprol being nuprol, am i better off just banging my head against my desk? :D

LOL. I'm trying. I keep telling him its just a pew, but he's awesome with it. 

I'm trying to fix his baby. :D 

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

it's like a hamster, replace it without him knowing & you've 'fixed it Dad... you're the best'.

And keep the rest for spares. 👍😁🤣

53 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

And keep the rest for spares. 👍😁🤣

exactly

30 minutes ago, Sewdhull said:

Hamster spare parts... its wrong.

Not if your hamster needs a kidney or something.

I could be way off with this but I'm sure I saw a negative airsoft video where he rebuilt his Kwa TMP (stockless mp9) with vorsk vmp-1 parts. I'm wondering if you could use an exploded tmp diagram as a guide. 

It's amazing there's so little online for vorsk parts or diagrams! I only had a quick look and I saw that a vorsk vmp-2 is a thing (a ruger 10/22 like thing) but that's for another thread. 

Posted (edited)

HAaaaaaahaaaa!.

Fixed it. There was a glob of cack (technical term that) in the trigger reset mechanism under the metalwork of the frame. Cleaned up, regreased and now back in play. 

Have to say, they're a sod to get apart. 

Roll on Saturday.....😁

Cheers for the help guys. 

And I'm not sure the market for hamster parts is big, but it's probably there.....😱🤔🤣

Edited by Egon_247

4 hours ago, Egon_247 said:

And I'm not sure the market for hamster parts is big, but it's probably there.....😱🤔🤣

To be fair, they're small rodents so the market is inherently small, niche too.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update. It did it again. right in the middle of a mexican standoff type firefight. he wasnt a happy bunny. Or hamster. :D 

So, this morning i got to it. it would appear that the recoil spring is not man enough to get the topslide back to the reset position hard enough to let it do its thing. So, used a 8mm long piece of 8mm airline-in fetching blue- drilled it out a bit and fitted that on the spring holder. 

Two mags later and it hasnt done it since. 

Hopefully its sorted, but you never know with these things, do you?

*no hamsters were harmed in the making of this post.