Not airsoft day.... Basingstoke Comic-con

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Posted (edited)

@Spartan09

A nice write up that doesn’t lean to the overdramaric.

I had been getting snippets on Saturday evening being read out from Facebook etc - he was of course reading the initial horror stories and taking every mixture of rumour. 

Well done for not being one of those who gears up RIFs etc on their way to/from comicons and in this venue wandering around the general public areas and especially for liaising with the event on a daily basis - Its all too common to have a level of police involvement and ‘education’ being

distributed

I was one of the traders up in the marquees on Friday, but was then off to Portsmouth Comicon for Saturday and Sunday.  If you had been cosplayed up and I saw you then I would have been trying to get you to look through a binder of Stargate collector cards - perhaps I still did - you weren’t the guy who would have bought the whole collection if you had seen it 45 minutes earlier before the German woman bought 14 of them ??

Basingstoke is a ‘new’ comicon, in its second year.  They had taken on board some lessons from last year, and as you say issues can probably be attributed heavily to the number / level of guests they have.  It means the big money, the big queues and the big upsets if anything isn’t on plan (and if the public facing staff/volunteers aren’t sure what’s happening with schedule changes)

Usually I would be the extra person on our stalls and get plenty of freedom to wander around - or in recent months helping out organisers.  But this weekend due to the conflicting dates for Basingstoke & Portsmouth I was running one or the other of our trade stalls at each event -But I did have a personal slave to call upon sending him out for iced drinks orders …..

IMG_0596.jpeg.146d283244dba49175cf251cfad8a88a.jpeg

Edited by Tommikka

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

2. I got a hug off Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter)....  a brief one, but a hug none the less

Jammy bastard!

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I can't see those pictures, so I'll have to use my imagination.

Reuploaded the image links, so they should work again

I live in Basingstoke and bloody missed it!. 

I did try going Saturday afternoon. Saw the crowds and thought "sod this". 

I've been to other comic ons and crowds aren't usually an issue. 

But there just seemed no control or order to it.

Shame as stargate is my favourite sci-fi and would have relished a chance to meet them. Specially in my back yard!... 

Once in a lifetime time opportunity wasted coz I couldn't face the crowd. Lesson learnt really. 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Reuploaded the image links, so they should work again

Cheers, I see them now. Nice one, living the dream.  And damn, Amanda Tapping is now officially GILFy.  That smile.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.