G&G "G2" Gearbox/SR15 E3 MOD2

JinxDuh

From what I've been reading, the G&G G2 gearbox is slightly larger and uses a proprietary gear set. There's also work needed inside of the gearbox shell to fit something like a gate titan. 

Is the above true, and if yes, how likely is it that I could fit a standard v2 gearbox shell into an SR15? I've heard a lot of good things about the standard G&G G2 but I like options 😂

My 308's a G2, I've not had the gearbox apart so can't comment on gears. It is however, ridiculously easy to make use of the fact it's already got an electronic trigger and fit a Perun ETU++, which is what I've done.

If it gives me a reason to open the box up then maybe I'll think about something else, until then it's fine as it is.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

My 308's a G2, I've not had the gearbox apart so can't comment on gears. It is however, ridiculously easy to make use of the fact it's already got an electronic trigger and fit a Perun ETU++, which is what I've done.

If it gives me a reason to open the box up then maybe I'll think about something else, until then it's fine as it is.

Same here, I have the SR25 APC E2 with the G2H box. Now running the perun so I can setup precocking.

Cheers guys. Not used a Perun before, mostly like Gates due to the bluetooth and I can check the health of batteries etc - May have to venture out to the Perun!

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Cheers guys. Not used a Perun before, mostly like Gates due to the bluetooth and I can check the health of batteries etc - May have to venture out to the Perun!

Same here on the Gate preference, I only went Perun because the G&G one would only work on an 11.1 and wasn't programmable. Of course, fitting a mosfet that can only be programmed using the fire selector on a gun that cannot physically be set to auto is...challenging.

18 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Same here on the Gate preference, I only went Perun because the G&G one would only work on an 11.1 and wasn't programmable. Of course, fitting a mosfet that can only be programmed using the fire selector on a gun that cannot physically be set to auto is...challenging.

I've been looking at reviews of the gearbox etc and do quite like the features it includes. I wonder if it'll be one of those pews that I don't mess with for a while 😂

Posted (edited)

I went ahead and fitted a Perun in my SR30 because I wanted to fit a warhead motor in there and the G&G ETU won’t let you switch off the AB , I’ve put perhaps 4-5k over 4 game mornings through and it’s been flawless , everything else is stock and I use G&G G2 mags in it , the Perun addition also retains the mag stop feature . Bit fiddly to program but got their after a few tries. I use 11.1 / 1100mah and it all still fits in the buffer tube .

Perun is so simple I did it all on my own 😂

all my other AEGS have either Asters or Titans in which whilst great are a bit more involved in the fitting , you may lose some features and sometimes don’t go in as smoothly as you’d like ( or so I’ve witnessed from my gun minion 😛 )

Edited by JimFromHorsham

• Supporters
16 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

I've been looking at reviews of the gearbox etc and do quite like the features it includes. I wonder if it'll be one of those pews that I don't mess with for a while 😂

I fuck with everything. But my G&G SR25 gearbox is bog standard, unopened. 

9 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I fuck with everything. But my G&G SR25 gearbox is bog standard, unopened. 

Great, now I’m even more excited to get the SR15 🙄😂

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Great, now I’m even more excited to get the SR15 🙄😂

When I say "I fuck with everything", on the SR25 I changed;

• stock
  • grip
  • spring
  • hop rubber & nub
  • Outer barrel
  • gas block and gas tube
  • flash hider
  • upgraded the MOSFET (the remote part in the stock tube) to the Perun ETU++
  • added a suppressor

The gearbox internals, the stock tube and the receiver are still as they came...

• Supporters

How it started:

image.thumb.jpeg.b93d03aaf6046f420e1bbfb70101c24a.jpeg

How it's going:

image.thumb.jpeg.88eee05f1e8c06cedfce8b480ab2b5e1.jpeg

Final form (for now):

image.thumb.jpeg.5130318bad5297e9475c2551bc247e41.jpeg

(added the Ergo grip, suppressor and bipod)

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

How it started:

image.thumb.jpeg.b93d03aaf6046f420e1bbfb70101c24a.jpeg

How it's going:

image.thumb.jpeg.88eee05f1e8c06cedfce8b480ab2b5e1.jpeg

Final form (for now):

image.thumb.jpeg.5130318bad5297e9475c2551bc247e41.jpeg

(added the Ergo grip, suppressor and bipod)

Oooo she purty!!! I’m going down the KS-1 rabbit hole personally 🤣

17 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Then you might like my G&G SR15 

Untitled.png

You're the fecker that got me wanting one! I saw your post a while back on here,  then fell in love with the rifle haha!