Helmets

No not those types. 

Im asking the collective mind for your opinions although I already know what’s coming haha. 

Not to lie I think this is alley af but as I’m a follower I’d like to know your thoughts on it. 

https://amzn.eu/d/4xxlHI5

Please don’t just me too harshly and I know I can get much better value of money. 

It’s not my vibe, but to each their own.  I do have some concerns though:

I can’t see a proper safety rating on the glasses.  For me that’s an immediate non starter.

The cost is pretty hectic, and for me if I was spending that kind of cash I’d buy another PTS Flux or something equally Gucci.  

I’d really struggle to get my head behind the sights, and to get a decent cheek weld.  Even with a high riser on the sight I don’t think it’d be workable for me.

Although the inbuilt fan is supposed to be silent, I wonder if it actually would be and how effective it will be.  That looks like a sweaty time.

The safety aspect is the most pressing, and I’d investigate that further, but the rest is up to you!

Edited by Duff Beer

As @Duff Beerhas said really.

I've got a full face helmet but don't use it because I can't aim down sight or get gun comfortably in my shoulder. Even with a high riser on my gun it's still not easy sighting.

Plus it's bloody heavy,so is the helmet come to think of it 😂

23 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

Thanks, I don’t think I would buy it as I am worried about the safety rating or lack there off but I still think it’s cool 

Cool’s a subjective thing, so if it’s your thing that’s all good.  Have a look at see if you can find one with a proper safety rating and you’re good to go!

41 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

Cool’s a subjective thing, so if it’s your thing that’s all good.  Have a look at see if you can find one with a proper safety rating and you’re good to go!

To be fair for that money you can get a decent fast or bump setup 

• Supporters

Looks good, but as has been said, lotta money for something that might be a safety liability primarily, & lots of other issues that may not be immediately apparent. 

Even if everything about was up to the job, you might absolutely hate playing in it, bit like a biker riding in a Simpson Bandit helmet for the first time, talk about tunnel vision, enough to trigger a migraine. 

Only thing I'd suggest is if anyone has anything similar at the sites you attend, ask them if you can borrow it for a game, at least then you'll know that kinda set up is viable for you. 

7 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Looks good, but as has been said, lotta money for something that might be a safety liability primarily, & lots of other issues that may not be immediately apparent. 

Even if everything about was up to the job, you might absolutely hate playing in it, bit like a biker riding in a Simpson Bandit helmet for the first time, talk about tunnel vision, enough to trigger a migraine. 

Only thing I'd suggest is if anyone has anything similar at the sites you attend, ask them if you can borrow it for a game, at least then you'll know that kinda set up is viable for you. 

Great idea 😀. My missus did comment to the effects of “ I’ve not seen many middle, overweight master chiefs recently” which has put a dampener on my enthusiasm. 

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

Great idea 😀. My missus did comment to the effects of “ I’ve not seen many middle, overweight master chiefs recently” which has put a dampener on my enthusiasm. 

Tell her she don't know what she's talking about, middle aged airsofters are usually in great shape. 

51ce9ff3564b60f8016ef0c8ffb64a05.jpg

PS, me at my last skirmish

183845_1863478468175_3240204_n (1).jpg

One thing to note immediately - those lenses can't even be used. The OEM is a dubious copy of an already dubious chinese OEM, but they're pumping out stuff that isn't impact rated. The original by Wosport(?) was only able to withstand about 0.8J at 1metre back when they were first introduced in 2017.

Edited by GiantKiwi

7 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

One thing to note immediately - those lenses can't even be used. The OEM is a dubious copy of an already dubious chinese OEM, but they're pumping out stuff that isn't impact rated. The original by Wosport(?) was only able to withstand about 0.8J at 1metre back when they were first introduced in 2017.

I was thinking about getting one just to test but it would be a massive waste of money