Vorsk EU18 Issues with hammer disconnector, slide not reutnring to normal position after firing/being pulled back

Zelektra

Hey all!

I recently purchased a Vorsk EU18 and it was working perfectly for a good while, just testing out on some targets in my back garden. However in my ever hungry quest for knowledge and general curiosity I disassembled the top slide and took out the hop-up, recoil spring and inner barrel. Upon reassembly I started encountering this issue where the slide will not return to normal position unless I use a screwdriver to manually push down the hammer disconnector (I think thats the name) from within the ejection port as it seems to always catch on the slide. I've included pics of the hammer catching on the slide as well as the hammer mechinism in the cocked and uncocked state.

I really want to get this fixed soon but If I have to send it back to PatrolBase (Where I bought it from) to get it repaired then that would be a real pain in the arse.

IMG_20240310_072331.jpg

IMG_20240310_072041.jpg

IMG_20240310_072118.jpg

You've voided your warranty so don't expect any help from Patrolbase.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Then what can I do? Is there anything to fix it?

Edited by Zelektra

Taking out the hop-up unit and inner barrel is not a big deal and shouldn't cause such an issue.

You may have not reassembled it properly. Could be an issue with return spring guide rod position.

Try to redo everything and make sure it all fits back together easily.

Make sure all visible screws are tight.

Where are you based? (just in case)

Edited by EDcase

14 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

I suspect that the OP would be very unlucky if the retailer were ever to know that a few bits have been out and then popped back in of course (apart from via this thread!) - unless they haven't been put back in correctly. I'd be inclined myself to watch a few videos, check i had reassembled correctly, and if it still doesn't work, sending it back to the retailer as it would be faulty - and morally, that fault unlikely to be anything to do with temporarily removing a few elements that are designed to be modular/replaceable...

Edited by The_Lord_Poncho

15 hours ago, EDcase said:

Taking out the hop-up unit and inner barrel is not a big deal and shouldn't cause such an issue.

You may have not reassembled it properly. Could be an issue with return spring guide rod position.

Try to redo everything and make sure it all fits back together easily.

Make sure all visible screws are tight.

Where are you based? (just in case)

I'm based in Cambridge. As you stated, I only disassembled it for a quick hop up adjustment and some cleaning of some of the components, now this happens every single time I pull the slide back or when it fires, requiring me to push down the disconnector every single time. I only had it for a day before it started doing this. Here is a picture of the inside of the upper as well as the problem I'm experiencing.

IMG_20240309_185632.jpg

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_a922fd62-3138-4d19-a3b7-88aa5cfb1516.jpg

Its really weird.  (It does seem to be quite dirty and worn for being a few days old)

Is there an airsoft shop nearby you can take it to?

If you have a small file try to make the area circled a smooth ramp

image.thumb.jpeg.8dbec4cac92cf6fbac354c693ad8f8a0.jpeg

Your first pic shows the metal sticky up bit (msub) alongside the slide when it should be under it.

Either the metal parts holding the msub have moved, the slide is not on right, or really loose. I cant see the msub bending unless the metal parts at the rear have moved, it looks good from here.

Check the slide with no mag in there. It's hard to convey how it should be

Also I don't think the slide should go that far back so look at the inner and outer barrel alignment 

Have you had the metal parts at the back out?

Check the msub isn't bent too

15 minutes ago, Sewdhull said:

Your first pic shows the metal sticky up bit (msub) alongside the slide when it should be under it.

Either the metal parts holding the msub have moved, the slide is not on right, or really loose. I cant see the msub bending unless the metal parts at the rear have moved, it looks good from here.

Check the slide with no mag in there. It's hard to convey how it should be

Also I don't think the slide should go that far back so look at the inner and outer barrel alignment 

Have you had the metal parts at the back out?

I didn't remove the metal parts at the back no, just the innerbarrel/hopup and the recoil spring.

25 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Its really weird.  (It does seem to be quite dirty and worn for being a few days old)

Is there an airsoft shop nearby you can take it to?

If you have a small file try to make the area circled a smooth ramp

image.thumb.jpeg.8dbec4cac92cf6fbac354c693ad8f8a0.jpeg

I could honestly try but I wouldn't want to cause any irreperable damage if the fix you suggested doesn't work. Thankfully there is a shop just outside of Cambridge I can take it to, about 25 minutes on the bus. But I just wanna be sure in case I make a 25 minute journey for something that could be fixed at home. What do you think could be the Issue and how would filing down that bit fix it? I apologise if I seem like a noob, I am new to this hobby and not too familiar with all the technical parts yet.

Don't worry, we were all noobs once. Dealing with problems is how we learn and improve 😉

Its either a simple fix or something is broken.

If it all seems to fit together properly and you can't get it to work then its best to take it to the shop.  25mins is really close, you're lucky there.

They may not even charge you if its a simple fix.

(Make sure to keep it well hidden when transporting)

5 hours ago, EDcase said:

Don't worry, we were all noobs once. Dealing with problems is how we learn and improve 😉

Its either a simple fix or something is broken.

If it all seems to fit together properly and you can't get it to work then its best to take it to the shop.  25mins is really close, you're lucky there.

They may not even charge you if its a simple fix.

(Make sure to keep it well hidden when transporting)

Thanks mate! I will see if I can get it fixed tomorrow, will report back 😁

Okay lads, lasses and others. I took it to the shop and they said they can probably get it fixed by friday since the repair guys were going to be in that day. They said it could be a very simple issue that can be fixed in 5 minutes, so hopefully it will be! I've learned a valuable lesson recently and thats not to fuck around and find out when messing with the internals of these machines. Also yeah apparently I did void the warrenty by opening it up but literally adjusting the hop-up and some maintanence is literally a feature of the product! idk it sounds silly but thats the facts. Will be back on friday with the news and will probably get some new gear while I'm there. Peace!

4 hours ago, Zelektra said:

apparently I did void the warrenty by opening it up but literally adjusting the hop-up and some maintanence is literally a feature of the product! idk it sounds silly but thats the facts.

I'd say that is silly and a load of bollocks. How else are you supposed to adjust the hop up and clean it? Unfortunately it's far too common for airsoft shops to pull this kind of stunt