which GBB MP5 is best?

Spartan09

tried searching the forum and could only see a thread about AEG MP5s...

as the title suggests i am looking for advice about which GBB MP5 would be best as i am looking to sell a few project guns i never got to work on and dive further down the GBB rabbit hole and add an MP5 to my armoury.  i am aware of the range of WE Apache replicas, but recently came across mentions of SRC, VFC and Umarex GBB MP5s and people saying that the Apaches have some issues

so, im looking for advice, preferably from people who have experience with multiple brands to get accurate comparisons, to help identify which MP5 GBB i should invest in based mainly on the following list (not exhaustive)
-price and availability in UK
-durability (especially the ability to HK slap them)
-availability of compatible accessories
-availability of replacement parts (OEM or aftermarket)
-gas efficiency/co2 compatible

and before anyone asks what model i am looking for (a5, SD6 etc), i'm looking primarily for a full size MP5, but the exact model of full size one isnt too important as i am more concerned with getting one that will be reliable and durable. i would also love to own an MP5k alongside the full size one, so mag commonality will be a bonus selling point

thank you in advance for any advice

and *ahem*
YIPPEE KI YAY MOTHERFUCKERS

Badabing pictures made a comparison video of vfc and WE. TLDR: he seems to favor the vfc.

explosive enterprises have a review and a follow up video for the vfc. TLDR: fix the issues yourself or wait for vfc to make a official version 3

SRC basically have nothing to special to offer when compared to VFC and WE, they are a waste of money.

Edited by woody_2231

The alternative takeaway from the explosive enterprises video is that you can work around or fix stuff fairly easily on the Version 2 VFC , or go buy the 5.56mm HK53 one instead, which is effectively a Version 3 though with the (slightly less aesthetically appealing?) chunky mag

Value to cost ratio simply not good enough on any of them in my opinion. Just because manufacturers make internals/externals out of chocolate and they don't bother with QC it doesn't mean that I should fix their product with my own money and free time.

This question was asked before and my answer is the same again: buy a Marui NGRS MP5, which is as realistic as an GBB can get without gas, and the build quality is one of the best if not the best at the moment.

Edited by Krisz

2 hours ago, Krisz said:

Just because manufacturers make internals/externals out of chocolate and they don't bother with QC that doesn't mean I should fix their product with my own money and free time.

This times a million. I don't know of any other industry where manufacturers can make a product which doesn't work or will break within 6 months and get away with it. Imagine buying a brand new car knowing you'll have to strip and rebuild the engine the moment you get it home from the dealership 

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

This times a million. I don't know of any other industry where manufacturers can make a product which doesn't work or will break within 6 months and get away with it. Imagine buying a brand new car knowing you'll have to strip and rebuild the engine the moment you get it home from the dealership 

Agree, my similar bugbear was with UK retailers selling guns too hot for UK sites (& UK laws) & expecting you to pay extra to "downgrade" 🤬

Although I haven't heard of it happening so much in recent times, maybe it's been addressed ? 

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Microsoft word?