VFC URGI what upgrades?

S.W.A.T

42 minutes ago, S.W.A.T said:

Yes I’ve shot it accuracy is all over the place 

That could be a simple issue like torn hop-up rubber or dirty barrel.

Edited by Krisz

47 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Is it too late to upgrade it to a CYMA or Double Eagle?

https://www.youtube.com/@NegativeAirsoftTech/search?query=vfc

It is, I think, the AEG VFC's he hates ;)

Yeah this is the GBB URGI, not the AEG.

First things first give the barrel/hop a clean and check if the nozzle has a restrictor disk, they are awful and can cause horrible consistency issues. If you do have the restrictor then you'll probably be wanting to pick up a standard VFC nozzle with an NPAS or a CL project adjustable valve to put in your current one. Either way it is always useful to have a spare nozzle on hand. The two allen key screws holding in the nozzle might be glued to within an inch of their lives though so watch out for that. The URGI has the two piece barrel design with how the hop up works, so that might need tightening as well, I'm not too sure on that one though as the VFC M733 and spare upper I own have a one piece barrel setup.

If it's still a bit wank after that then grab a new hop rubber, you'll have to cut off the indexing tab on the side to fit it. I've been using PDI W-hold and Unicorn buckings in my M733 and secondary upper to good effect. You can also swap out the hop unit to the GHK 2022 unit with a tiny bit of filing, but no point in that if your unit is doing the job. Barrel can be left as is, it does the job well enough. Also, if you're running it during the colder months you can pick up AMG winter hammer and buffer springs.

Oh and run some decent heavier weight BBs through it, .32s are the sweet spot before the big jump in price. I've had my V3 VFC for just under a year now and it has been fantastic.

20 minutes ago, Shaydee said:

.32s are the sweet spot before the big jump in price

But 0.40s are oh-so-satisfying :)

• 1 month later...

Is the URGI glide hop? Or whatever it is. I have the SR16 CQB, I added a TNT hop unit, ditched their barrel and rubber it came with and put in a crazy jet and flamingo bucking. Shoots as well as my MWS now.