Skirmishing using GBBR's

gavinkempsell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

It’s a shame that manufacturers don’t include npas as standard, as its genuinely a necessity (unless you are stateside where fps limits are much higher than ours)

An opportunity I suppose for extra revenue for them, but really, would it kill them to install and charge like an extra £30? 🤷🏻‍♂️

The manufacturers don't make extra money from npas as they are made by 3rd parties 99% of the time.

The reason why they aren't always included is because it's region dependant. The UK is a very very very small market compared to Asia and the US 

A quick question for those who have npas fitted, is it easily adjustable?

I imagine I'll need to remove the bolt to adjust or is it possible via the ejection port?

I run few GBB's

As mentioned before my MP9 has a low power bolt fitted so never runs hot.

My VFC 416A5 came with a factory fitted NPAS, adjusting it involves taking the bolt out and using a small allen key down the nozzle to adjust it. It's quite a simple process due to how easy and quickly an AR style rifle can be broken down.

My WE39 has an NPAS fitted (paid extra to have it fitted by the shop) which is more of a pain as you have to break the rifle down to get the bolt out, then you need use a small screw driver to stop the NPAS from spinning while using a tool to open or close the NPAS. It can take a while to do this proceedure.

However much a pain in the arse it is, you need and NPAS to run a GBB through out the year. If it's warm, my G39 can easily run over 450 fps  if I dont take the time to adjust the NPAS.

The other thing you can do is use different powered gas depending on the ambient temperatures.

My M4 I can adjust through the ejection port  with a small tool that has a universal joint making it quick and easy

My 553 doesn’t use the same tool even though the guns are both GHK and the npas’ both made by RA Tech

Another cunning plan to slip their hand in your wallet 🙄

Fortunately I had in a toolbox a T0 sized Torx that fits the 553 nozzle, the equivalent of a 1.3mm Allan key

Thought they could outsmart me huh!! 😂😂
But I have to strip the 553 down, but it’s relatively easy

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm day off from work today & felt a little motivated so set about the GBBR's...

XM177 npas fitted 100% successfully & working a treat. (forgot to record a before & after fps check).

SCAR-H started an fps check & got a lot of double feeds so changed the mag in case that was at fault (it wasn't). Broke down the pew & removed the bolt, stripped it down and noticed it had an npas fitted already (DOH!), but... the nozzle return spring wasn't attached at one end (see pic), and the return spring retaining pin was bent (affecting the nozzle slide).

Concluson... a bigger noob than me fitted an npas using a 6lb hammer and fucked it up, I now have a new spring, pin & a couple of mag floor plates winging their way to Bonnie Scotland (wish me luck).

425841125_24744882208460514_9065439967548536250_n.jpg

Edited by gavinkempsell

On 29/01/2024 at 21:01, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

My VFC 416A5 came with a factory fitted NPAS, adjusting it involves taking the bolt out and using a small allen key down the nozzle to adjust it. It's quite a simple process due to how easy and quickly an AR style rifle can be broken down.

It's the only upgrade I can think of for my 416D. I don't understand why VFC did away with it in that version... Any suggestions on that other than RA-Tech ?

On 07/02/2024 at 17:32, The_Roach said:

It's the only upgrade I can think of for my 416D. I don't understand why VFC did away with it in that version... Any suggestions on that other than RA-Tech ?

Not done, but due to my looking at the vfc m16a1 I found this when trying to find out about npas fitting

Seems like it might work, anyone tried this

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.