Need new accessories, advice please!

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I went on my first skirmish last night, in almost 6 years! Also, first time at Z-Mart. Had a really good time, a bit sore but glad I made the last minute decision to go.

As I hadn't used my gear in a long time, things have broken and need replacing now. Just wanting some advice on replacement parts and things I would like to add to my load out. 

1. My Marui XL BB Loader broke, should I replace it with the same part or is there a better one available?

2. My Marui Tracer Unit seems a bit dull compared to others that were being used on the night. Not sure if mine is on its way out or there are newer, better models available?

3. Need a new sight, my 552 replica has died, thinking of going for a Reflex sight. What are the current good, durable brands? Is Aim a good one?

4. Also, my soldering iron has died. It's an old Maplin one, any advice on a really good replacement that won't break the bank?

5. Dye i5 masks, are there any issues with fogging up?

6. Are there any tracer units available for my Marui PX4 pistol?

My guns are: Marui HK416 rifle and Marui PX4 pistol.

TIA

7 minutes ago, Alex34 said:

1. My Marui XL BB Loader broke, should I replace it with the same part or is there a better one available?

If it worked for you might as well stick with it, but a lot of people like the Odin speed loaders, may be worth a look. 

8 minutes ago, Alex34 said:

2. My Marui Tracer Unit seems a bit dull compared to others that were being used on the night. Not sure if mine is on its way out or there are newer, better models available?

I've got the "AceTech Brighter C" and cannot recommend it enough. 

8 minutes ago, Alex34 said:

3. Need a new sight, my 552 replica has died, thinking of going for a Reflex sight. What are the current good, durable brands? Is Aim a good one?

Depends on what you want to spend, Nuprol ones do the job, but if you want something a bit more cheeky, the Vortex range is a good go-to.

10 minutes ago, Alex34 said:

Not my cup of tea due to restrictions on peripheral vision and claustrophobic feel. I use "Bloc Tactical" EyePro and they are fantastic, never fog up, are literally bulletproof, and have interchangeable lenses for different environments. 

A lot of this is preference more than anything, but hope this helps. :) 

I might have to get back down to z-mart again, was a laugh last time!

16 minutes ago, Alex34 said:

So, I went on my first skirmish last night, in almost 6 years! Also, first time at Z-Mart. Had a really good time, a bit sore but glad I made the last minute decision to go.

As I hadn't used my gear in a long time, things have broken and need replacing now. Just wanting some advice on replacement parts and things I would like to add to my load out. 

4. Also, my soldering iron has died. It's an old Maplin one, any advice on a really good replacement that won't break the bank?

TIA

2. Tracer Unit's are much brighter these days. Go with a new one. 

5. Anything will fog up with someone determined enough, but it's probably a good choice. 

6. The issue is finding a threaded barrel. Detonator made one but they are long discontinued and very expensive. Due to the rotating nature of the barrel it's not the greatest platform to run a silencer either. Use a different pistol. 

Soldering iron... Antex hp80 is no good for electronics but great for connectors it's a bit large for small things.

If you need something for both there's loads of choice, but for connectors you need a larger heat source, not watts but physically large bit. If the bit is large around 6mm you won't need more than 40W. If it's small 3 or 4mm you might need 60 or 80.

The Amazon temp controlled for about 15 quid aren't temp controlled, but they do control the power.

I have one and it's ok, but you need to use the largest bit and turn the temp up.

I have a 55something clone from patrolbase, it's satisfactory.

Edited by Sewdhull

4 hours ago, _K4MF_ said:

Not my cup of tea due to restrictions on peripheral vision and claustrophobic feel. I use "Bloc Tactical" EyePro and they are fantastic, never fog up, are literally bulletproof, and have interchangeable lenses for different environments. 

Which model, the Lynx? Do you use the gasket with it as well? Not the biggest fan of regular ballistic eye glasses. Had a close call a while back, not a pleasant experience. 

I currently use the Bolle X1000 ballistic goggles with Revision wipes. I still get a load of condensation when camping, etc. When I'm on the move they are fine though. Someone suggested the Dye i5 to me but I'm not the biggest fan of paintball styled masks either. However, if it allows me to see!😂

4 minutes ago, Alex34 said:

Which model, the Lynx? Do you use the gasket with it as well? Not the biggest fan of regular ballistic eye glasses. Had a close call a while back, not a pleasant experience. 

I currently use the Bolle X1000 ballistic goggles with Revision wipes. I still get a load of condensation when camping, etc. When I'm on the move they are fine though. Someone suggested the Dye i5 to me but I'm not the biggest fan of paintball styled masks either. However, if it allows me to see!😂

Yes, the Lynx, no gasket, mostly with the smoke lense, but have used the orange HDL lense in underground bunker CQB where it was dark and have had success with both lenses. They wrap around the eyes nicely and Bloc do a number of different ones that might suit you more if needed. You can also get prescription lenses put in them as well. 

Edited by _K4MF_

6 minutes ago, Alex34 said:

The reason why the Dyes might be better than the Bolle is the Dual Pane lens. Which goes some way to negate fog. Truth is if you are a sweaty bastard naturally there is very little you can do unless you keep moving, use anti fog or get some decent fan based goggles that are powerful enough. 

On 26/01/2024 at 10:57, Alex34 said:

TIA

1. Any 10 quid speed loader does the same job to be honest. Ofc you can spend money on Odin and Odin adapters if you want to.
2. Acetech innovated and innovates constantly on tracers so I'd say yes.
3. Feyachi plus a cap from reddotengineering should be more than enough for now. Later on you can spend decent amount of money on either Vortex or Holy Warrior if you fancy Eotech replicas.
4. No clue I don't use iron. :D
5. Mine never fogged up those lenses are simply the best out there but you can run an exfog unit on it if you're dead set on i5. Cheek weld is gonna rubbish though so you need some kind of riser for optics more than likely.

6. If anyone did a threaded outer barrel for it it shouldn't be a problem to put one on. That PX4 is quite niche it's not like a Glock or Hi-Capa or other very popular models.

Edited by Krisz

So to give an update on what I've done...

1. Bought an Odin M12. Much faster reload, even with TM M4 mags. The TM mags won't lock in so have to hold the mag in place while you crank it.

2. Bought three tracer units to test out, (all Acetech) Lighter BT, Predator X, and Bifrost BT. The Lighter BT I didn't like at all and seemed too fragile to run on a rifle. The Preadtor X is a full metal mock suppressor with an AT2000R. It was my favourite out of the bunch and was pretty much just as bright as the Bifrost BT, so will be keeping it. The Bifrost BT had way too much muzzle flash and is all plastic in the front. Would be better suited for a pistol or SMG I think. It was ever so slightly brighter than the AT2000R but not really noticeable. I do love the inbuilt Chrono feature so may keep it as well... we'll see. Both were brighter than my old TM tracer unit though.

3. Managed to get my 552 sight working but it is a crap unit. Looking at various units like the Vortex Crossfire red dot and the Holy Warrior S1. Will probably start another thread for that😂.

4. Probably going to get a Hakko or TS101 soldering iron soon.

5. Realised I had purchased a Dye i4 in the passed and returned it after trying it on. It really is for paintball as I remember not even being able to look down my rifle sights with it on. Will explore a diy fan option for my Bolle goggles or look at trying a Bloc Lynx.

6. Found nothing for the PX4. May look at other pistol options instead.

Firstly, welcome back! Hope it's not another six years till your next game.

The predator's a nice unit, weighty but nice. I briefly had one but had to return it due to tracer unit issues, ended up with a bi-frost in the end.

Sounds like you'll be on the look out for another pistol, when you're looking for a tracer for it I've found the Xcortech XT301 mk2 to be good, with the bonus that it plays well with my holster too.

Eyepro's a personal choice, but I use Bolle X800's as they have plenty of air flow. Can see why you'd be thinking of the Dye as that's what a lot of the staff use at Z-mart.

Aliexpress seems to have plenty of cheap sights, just got a Romeo 8T from there and it arrived pretty quick and actually works - even got it zero'd - am yet to use it in anger so we'll see what the longevity is like.

Might see you at Z-mart sometime too 👍

21 hours ago, Madhouse said:

Firstly, welcome back! Hope it's not another six years till your next game.

The predator's a nice unit, weighty but nice. I briefly had one but had to return it due to tracer unit issues, ended up with a bi-frost in the end.

Sounds like you'll be on the look out for another pistol, when you're looking for a tracer for it I've found the Xcortech XT301 mk2 to be good, with the bonus that it plays well with my holster too.

Eyepro's a personal choice, but I use Bolle X800's as they have plenty of air flow. Can see why you'd be thinking of the Dye as that's what a lot of the staff use at Z-mart.

Aliexpress seems to have plenty of cheap sights, just got a Romeo 8T from there and it arrived pretty quick and actually works - even got it zero'd - am yet to use it in anger so we'll see what the longevity is like.

Might see you at Z-mart sometime too 👍

No, I think I'll be back at it for a good while now... gotta justify all the money I'm spending😝.

I like my Bolle x1000 but they would be much better with a fan. I need a new lense though and Bolle have discontinued the spare, clear lenses. Having to look at the X800 etc now, or buy the yellow lense for £45! Will see whichever option is the more cost effective.

I'm actually back at ZMart tonight😁.

21 hours ago, Sewdhull said:

Whilst the 101 is fine for electronics and portable soldering, for cabling and power connectors something with a bigger heat reservoir works better. Expensive too, same for Hakko.

Only you will know you needs.

Thanks for that. My research has been unearthing the same point of view. I think a Hakko unit will be money better spent.👍

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Alex34 said:

No, I think I'll be back at it for a good while now... gotta justify all the money I'm spending😝.

I like my Bolle x1000 but they would be much better with a fan. I need a new lense though and Bolle have discontinued the spare, clear lenses. Having to look at the X800 etc now, or buy the yellow lense for £45! Will see whichever option is the more cost effective.

If you're going down the X800 route, look at the X810 instead. They're the newer model, I have a pair and they are really pretty good (even without a fan).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.