Where to report scam?

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I got an email from someone that saw my wanted post, gave me an email address for someone apparently selling a hpa sig556, only wanting cashapp or apple gift cards, sent me pictures from a hopup sale of a hpa sig556 from a while back that was sold. 

Who/where would I report the person that suggested I email this person to buy this "sig556"?

30 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Just to be clear - was it an actual email, or a forum PM that the scammer sent to you?

If it was by PM, you can report it in the message itself by clicking on the three dots and selecting 'report':

image.png.43bf815aa367f4805904c8e07fe8e075.png

A forum user sent me an email through the advert with another email in it for me to contact to buy this imaginary sig. I'll happily put the users name on here, or send it to an admin along with a screenshot of both the email I got from the forum, and the email I got from the guy "selling" the gun.

• Supporters

Give us his username, we can ban him, but hell probably be back with a new username in a couple of days 🤬

38 minutes ago, Tackle said:

@jsuther, he's gone👍

This is why I love this forum, whilst sometimes people can be a little abrasive (I don't see why, it's only an cm16 with box mag, bipod, scope, pistol brace stock, "reflex" sight, laser and torch 😜) but when things need to be sorted, there's people there to help.

I wouldn't say folk here are abrasive, to me it's more like people post what they think. Personally I prefer this to other places (particularly fb groups) where nobody is allowed to post anything slightly negative incase someone gets offended.

Just because you can't report the e mail address to anyone doesn't mean you can't have some fun at their expense. Sign them up for as many dodgy mailing lists as you can, or maybe give it as contact details to the next spammer advertising drugs or voodoo spells.

Edited by Cannonfodder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.