Which UK London sights are non-woodland

MoT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone. Got into Airsoft but I haven’t liked the woodland maps too much. 

I want an outdoor sight where the maps are not like ‘woodland’ with trees, big bushes etc… but rather where they make the map, like with barrels, wooden walls etc etc.

I don’t like the woodland atmosphere where you can barely see anyone or anything. I like maps that have all artificial/man-made cover with objects. It’s much easier to see people and much easier to navigate the map and see the objective. I went Mayhem for the call of duty experience once for a friends birthday and the maps were amazing. I know this sight offers skirmish days but not every week. 

does anyone know of any sights that offer this in the London area. 

Welcome.

How hardline are your travel boundaries in the "London area"?

Are indoor sites with barrels, wooden walls, barricades, etc, completely out of the question as you said you wanted and outdoor site?

It may be worth taking a look at this site for options.

https://playairsoft.uk/

Edited by Galvatron

6 hours ago, Galvatron said:

Welcome.

How hardline are your travel boundaries in the "London area"?

Are indoor sites with barrels, wooden walls, barricades, etc, completely out of the question as you said you wanted and outdoor site?

I may be worth taking a look at this site for options.

https://playairsoft.uk/

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I have that map but I’ve found the map is different then what’s on each sites’ website. 

i guess I don’t mind indoor but I didn’t include it because most of the time they are not big enough to snipe in. I’m probably wrong. 

my travel limit I would say is around 1 hour. I live in north London (near Hatfield) so around an hour from there would be ok. 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, MoT said:

maps

mr-crabs-eye.gif.05555599815874d5a70f41a3473e5d48.gif

18 minutes ago, MoT said:

not big enough to snipe in.

Well, there's your trade off.  Snipers and woodland go together like speedsofters and stripy socks.

Do you want to snipe?  Have you tried it yet?  It's generally not the way it's carefully edited to appear on YouTube videos: hits are fewer and further between.

And if you liked the constructions at Mayhem, you may love indoor CQB.  No weather concerns, short walks to respawn, all action.

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

mr-crabs-eye.gif.05555599815874d5a70f41a3473e5d48.gif

Well, there's your trade off.  Snipers and woodland go together like speedsofters and stripy socks.

Do you want to snipe?  Have you tried it yet?  It's generally not the way it's carefully edited to appear on YouTube videos: hits are fewer and further between.

And if you liked the constructions at Mayhem, you may love indoor CQB.  No weather concerns, short walks to respawn, all action.

I do snipe and enjoy it. It’s just finding a map that Is really enjoyable. It’s hard to find an outdoor map that’s not woodland or mostly not woodland in the Uk. I’ve tried around 6 different sights and mayhems map was my favourite 

if you know any maps like Mayhem I’ll be really happy

• Supporters

Not many, no.  Do Mayhem even allow snipers?  They're rather cagey about their site rules.

I do feel compelled to note that having long range, and long site lines, is ideal for snipers, but not so much for our targets. And I say this as a sometimes-sniper.

Unfortunately non woodland sites tend to be cqb and so have strict fps limits. While you could run a bolt action rifle, you'd be limited to the same power levels as everyone else.

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Do Mayhem even allow snipers?  They're rather cagey about their site rules.

They do. Scroll down 

https://www.mayhempaintball.co.uk/events/airsoft-regular-players

While it looks like a good site there's a couple of rules which really put me off playing there

So, what you are looking for is a site (not a sight) which is open enough to be a sniper's paradise.  It seems that you want to stack the odds in your favour.

You might enjoy Splatoon, which is near Wickford in Essex, although it might be too far for you.  A large part of the playing area (not the "map") is a treeless area with container buildings, old cars, a couple of helicopters and other structures.

The OP might like The Ridge near Barton le clay.  It's the most "open" field  (not a map) I can think of.

https://booking.riftairsoft.com/game-site/13#upcomingGames

It's a strange site (definitely not a map) as it's used as a 4x4 course too and they don't have regular days.  It is a quagmire after heavy rain which is why they don't have many days in the winter.

ADCreHc45_X7OEnE8ZT_Ashl_3ryZ4Fq8dc3OLUT

ADCreHdjRFR7vQ2ajW9AuBjeK3SQh9IVisA7fmDQ

Their Abingdon field (comprehensively not a map, but they are available on request) is also pretty open.  

https://booking.riftairsoft.com/game-site/14

The boy and I had great fun their on their Battlesim Lite day.

ADCreHcXFrwAXjDHXxASzk-PHwZTrdSXwFzpUt_s

ADCreHcpJwgmsDaZ15-ENKUc_P2QBMzl6lPqLmxR

ADCreHcqZ6ohkOligw2WwrdwzVc7B_kBdo0lse8i

ADCreHdkXO4BKpLd8CG1vw43ZVAQYFv9QUpG0BwV

Edited by Dan Robinson

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

While it looks like a good site there's a couple of rules which really put me off playing there

"All guns to be crono'd on 0.2g BB's - this is non negotiable"

Well, at least they're confident about being so utterly wrong.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

"All guns to be crono'd on 0.2g BB's - this is non negotiable"

Well, at least they're confident about being so utterly wrong.

I bet those testing would be the ones who would blindly run their finger along the weight vs fps chart and declare a "hot" gun when the player intends to shoot with a heavier pellet.

Then there's this

"Pyro must be authorised by a marshal before use, nothing higher than a MK5 may be permitted on site. Shotgun and 9mm primers are strictly banned"

So they'd rather people use things which have a higher potential to cause harm, greater fire risk and leave litter, but why could that be? A cynic would say it's because they want to make a few extra quid selling bangs to players

On 12/12/2023 at 07:49, MoT said:

i guess I don’t mind indoor but I didn’t include it because most of the time they are not big enough to snipe in. I’m probably wrong. 

my travel limit I would say is around 1 hour. I live in north London (near Hatfield) so around an hour from there would be ok. 

You can try the Battery (part of RIFT Airsoft, the same group Dan alluded to previously). It's got both indoor and outdoor and in much of the site, you have sufficient line of sight for a sniper rifle but you whether you use an AEG, DMR or sniper rifle, you would be limted to 1.13J on up to 0.28g pellets.

Driver Wood is an option - 80% of it is woodland (albeit much of that has now been opened up and is nowhere near as thick as it used to be). The remainder is open 'corridors' - with buses, helicopters, man made barriers etc  - and tends to be a bit of a magnet for much of the action. Most games seem to make use of the whole area, so its up to you which patch you frequent.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.