Places to buy milsim gear.

joshcowin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, as I’ve been out of airsoft I’m a bit out of touch on what retailers are around and decent. What retailers do people recommend to buy a Milsim load out. I’ve been looking at tactical kit and they have some of the stuff I’d like (things like agilite plate carriers). Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

https://www.uktactical.com

is pretty good too. I get all my Warrior Assault Systems stuff from them, but they have other brands too.

• Supporters

You looking for kit retailers, or suppliers of very specific kit ?, if it's the latter you'll need to give us more info. 

The term milsim could be broadly used to describe anything featured in a conflict zone, which again is open to massive interpretation according to the region & which side your on. 

Usually requests for milsim kit is more in regards to larger scale & in particular games over a longer time frame, 24/36/48, maybe even 72hrs & referencing everything from ration packs to snivel kit to sleeping systems, & best kit to carry it all in. 

Hence the need for specifics ? 🤔

Just be aware what you're getting into it. Proper mil-sim can cost a fortune because of strict gear requirements.

Edited by Krisz

I'm afraid you need to be more specific as different events will have different requirements. For example a cold war loadout will have a very different loadout to a GWOT one

Endeavour tactical is the new big retailer, very nice stuff and the prices to match.

Odin tactical has been about for a while but have some good stuff. 

Kit pest has just opened a bricks and mortar shop but he buys and sells high end kit. 

Legit kit is us based, has their own website and via eBay. 

Personally I'd avoid warrior assault kit. Its been pictured on one sas bloke about 15 years ago, it's very good copies of high end kit, it'll last ages etc but very little is an original design, most is just a heavy duty clone though. (It has been used more widely than the one bloke......but based on how was fans are you'd think that's all SF use).

There's several Facebook groups (realsteal kit and accessories, private kit trading etc) 

A lot of second hand sales are now done via WhatsApp.

For clone kit, TMC has really come along way and shouldn't be ignored. shekkin gear is worth considering too. Devt team 6 have a European store and stock some good clone stuff. Semapo came and then their quality quicky went downhill. Somogear peqs are the new standard (but not used much as nods are prolific at events)

I will stress though, I did a lot of milsims for a few years (mainly with Stirling) and if you do opfor, you can get away with some cheap bdus,warm/wet gear and cheap (sensible) camping equipment. Some of the best opfor players used the same trousers and jacket at event weekend in and out, gardening gloves etc. The mindset is more important. 

If you've done milsims before, know that you want high end kit and want to avoid buying twice, go for it. If you haven't done events before, do 3/4 before you spend too much. It can be done surprisingly cheaply. 

Edited by Emergencychimps

Hi all apologies for not being elaborate in what type of kit etc (blaming it on the 12 days at work)

so I’m looking for a multicam loadout resembling a US soldier/SF. I have do a couple of milsim events previously and really enjoyed them but not played airsoft for a few years now. I did used to have a full atacs loadout with a warrior plate carrier but to be honest I found it very uncomfortable and cumbersome even stripped down of pouches.

so as for specific items a decent plate carrier and a helmet similar to a team Wendy exfil but no where near as expensive. Ideally one that you can directly mount comms too.

thanks for the help.

MC is a solid choice for playing taskforce, most good guys accept it. 

A JPC is the standard, there is the JPC 1 and JPC 2. The JPC 2 is more modular, more expensive and you have to buy extra pouches (which isn't a bad thing). AVS is considered god mode but expensive, CPC is generally for heavy loads and there is the SPC which is getting a lot of love as well. All real versions are expensive £200 plus second and. TMC do very good clones - check out weapon762, find what you want then shop around. Best prices are imported, but then you wait, import fees etc. 

Ferro concepts do the FCPC which is the current trend one.....i suspect it wont be long until its something new (though it looks awesome. Spiritus systems do the l119 which I really like the look of. 

Helmet wise - PTS do a very god clone of the mtek flux which I think is incredibe quality and good if you have a bigger head, the FMA Aramid maritimes are then probably the next best clone. You can get legit ops core carbons for around £400 and Team wendy bump helmets at similar money. 

For comms, baofengs is the main handset, but will require a special ptt to work with real headsets, check out fivefivefour communications online and jci comms on instagram for options on headsets and ptts (they aren't cheap!). They have some weird hate thing for each other going on I believe.

its' easy to spend silly money, get a good idea of specific requirements before parting with your cash. 

Nowadays, very few people do impressions (they do happen) but it's not like the old days. most just want realistic looking kit. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.