Krytac Vector GBB

rj1986

Got an initial review for us @JimFromHorsham?  I see you nabbed one in the 'What have you bought?' thread. 

My wallet is fast reaching the event-horizon of a GBBR purchase.  MWS is my obvious choice, but these are an interesting left-field option and the 60rd mags are a big plus.  

1 hour ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Eye of the beholder and all of that, but am I the only one to think that vectors just look, well, wrong?

goes well with the Belgian staple gun aka - P-90 😂

3 hours ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Got an initial review for us @JimFromHorsham?  I see you nabbed one in the 'What have you bought?' thread. 

My wallet is fast reaching the event-horizon of a GBBR purchase.  MWS is my obvious choice, but these are an interesting left-field option and the 60rd mags are a big plus.  

build quality seems very good , slightly different finish to the OG KWA , blowback /recoil is softer too but it’s very responsive and quick firing in semi . TDC hop unit is very good and it hops .30g nicely . Chrono was a steady 340fps on .20 with WE 2.0 gas.  , KWA original mags don’t fit which is a shame as I was hoping to pick up a few shorty mags for it too , I’m sure Krytac or someone will release some though. Overall I’m very pleased , I think the price is decent in todays offerings too :) 

On 20/12/2023 at 17:01, JimFromHorsham said:

I think the price is decent in todays offerings too

Yep a few places seem to be doing it with 3 extra mags for £575.  Puts it squarely in MWS territory, but you're getting an equivalent of 240 rounds of total field-able capacity vs 140 on the MWS with the same number of mags.

I realise they are very different propositions, but it's still airsoft toys at the end of the day.

• Supporters

Are the mags pot metal and heavy or alu and light?  I thought I read somewhere that they'd done nice fancy mags for these.  I picked up a few guarder aluminium Glock mags lately (G17 and stendos) and they're a game changer tbh.

4 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Are the mags pot metal and heavy or alu and light?  I thought I read somewhere that they'd done nice fancy mags for these.  I picked up a few guarder aluminium Glock mags lately (G17 and stendos) and they're a game changer tbh.

super light , very pleasant indeed 👍🏼

4 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Krytac themselves have been touting that they're Aluminium alloy (obviously with the american spelling mistake) and polymer, so thats promising.

• Supporters

Normal/common airsoft zamak 'pot metal' is an alloy with aluminium in so of course the waters remain muddy as ever in this game, I've seen way too many product descriptions say aluminium alloy when the gun is clearly mostly zinc, but the scales don't lie so it'll be easy to tell.

The Guarder extended Glock mags are quoted at 210g but they're £85 from Fire-Support, whereas these mags are up for pre-orders right now and LWA is doing a 3 pack for £115.  If they're actually made from a decent aluminium and are in the region of the weight of the Guarders then £38.30 per mag is a crazy bargain.  Makes the entire notion of running a GBB SMG primary look totally different to just about anything else out there that I know of, purely based on the weight/price of the mags.  I could honestly see other guns springing up to specifically use these mags even though there's already quite a few out there that take TM/VFC Glock mags.

On 29/12/2023 at 10:45, TheFull9 said:

Normal/common airsoft zamak 'pot metal' is an alloy with aluminium in so of course the waters remain muddy as ever in this game, I've seen way too many product descriptions say aluminium alloy when the gun is clearly mostly zinc, but the scales don't lie so it'll be easy to tell.

The Guarder extended Glock mags are quoted at 210g but they're £85 from Fire-Support, whereas these mags are up for pre-orders right now and LWA is doing a 3 pack for £115.  If they're actually made from a decent aluminium and are in the region of the weight of the Guarders then £38.30 per mag is a crazy bargain.  Makes the entire notion of running a GBB SMG primary look totally different to just about anything else out there that I know of, purely based on the weight/price of the mags.  I could honestly see other guns springing up to specifically use these mags even though there's already quite a few out there that take TM/VFC Glock mags.

So, after a chat with UK distributor -

The OEM is KWA, not VFC - the VFC photo circulating was fake, created by them for a giggle, knowing full well how the rumour mill likes to go to the races with things like that.

The mags are made using 3D Printing, so given the aluminium, this implies DMLS - they're somewhere between half to two thirds the weight of the original KWA Vector GBB mags. 

8 minutes ago, Ben_Airsoft said:

Did you manage to get the muzzle brake off? Mine refuses to come off even after every conceivable rocksett removal measure.

Bit of a blow over with a heat gun and it came off easily 👍🏼

• 1 month later...

@JimFromHorshamany follow up a month later. I’m tempted by one but hearing mixed reviews etc. thanks in advance mate. 

Edited by woody549