VFC M249 Thread

Nick G

Gamed mine today , on green gas obviuosly , God they are just so much fun ! 

Got some cracking kills with it at good range. The gas block issue is definitly resolved with the new mag catch, not a single issue since I fitted it.

Box mag has arrived just now. Bizzarley no request for duty, so happy days. 

Off to order CO2 capsules now !

I've ordered a pack of 10 from amazon, only a couple of £ more than the ones someone linked too, but free delivery

On 11/06/2024 at 21:47, CausesChaos said:

What box mags every one running?

Mines HPA'd and the A&K 1500 is as usual being temperamental at feeding. 

Looking at the Classic Army M249 Drum Magazine 1200 box as an alternative but not sure it'll fit even with the same filing the A&K was subjected to.

As a follow up to this. On my AEG 249 I run a box mag which uses the classic army internals in the original box. The ca internals are way superior , but the fitting on top of the mag won't fit the bracket on the gun.

Those 88g CO2 canisters are going to be a tight fit in the box mag I think, they are mahoosive !

27 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Those 88g CO2 canisters are going to be a tight fit in the box mag I think, they are mahoosive !

I assumed it would be twin 33gram ? as you’ve said I’m not sure you’ll get an 88gram in there will you ? 

1 minute ago, JimFromHorsham said:

I assumed it would be twin 33gram ? as you’ve said I’m not sure you’ll get an 88gram in there will you ? 

88 gram one would certainly be very tight. 33g might make more sense, assuming the thread size is the same .

6 minutes ago, Nick G said:

88 gram one would certainly be very tight. 33g might make more sense, assuming the thread size is the same .

the wolverine wraith uses 33gram ( or 12gram w/ adapter) for a buffer tube , the 33’s are threaded the same as the 88g .

interested to hear how you get on , 33gram are mostly ridiculous prices here in U.K. , sometimes up to twice the price of 88 ! 

It'll be interesting then. I do have a genuine 'large' fabric mag too . I'll have a play about and see what'll fit. 

11 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

the wolverine wraith uses 33gram ( or 12gram w/ adapter) for a buffer tube , the 33’s are threaded the same as the 88g .

interested to hear how you get on , 33gram are mostly ridiculous prices here in U.K. , sometimes up to twice the price of 88 ! 

Okey dokey, 88g are too long to fit the box. However I have a couple of spare box mag shells from aeg 249's so I'm going to have a play about with extending one a couple of inches . I've got 10 88g capsules, so I'm damn well going to use them Lol. 

If that works , I'll use smaller capsules in the cloth mag. 

First thoughts on giving it a try, despite what the instructions say, fit the line to the regulator before screwing in the co2. It was an absolute bastard getting the line in under pressure. 

Bloody hell the thing rocks on co2 though. Only dry fired it so far , but absolutly no signs of rate of fire drop off with extended bursts. It feels like you could dump an entire mag in one go with no issues .  Will experiment at the weekend . Rate of fire felt a little faster too, and it kicked harder, although they may be my imagination. I look forward to other folks thoughts once they have tried it.

I can see it being great for winter games, will be interesting to see how it compares on the chrono.