VFC M249 Thread

Nick G

20 hours ago, 1st commando said:

I did indeed and i just tapped it out and didn't see anything directional on it

Got my one done last night, pin was just bloody tight in the nozzle.

Now to charge my chrono and see if it will work so I can dial in the valve to my preferred Vorsk V6 gas

2 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Got my one done last night, pin was just bloody tight in the nozzle.

Now to charge my chrono and see if it will work so I can dial in the valve to my preferred Vorsk V6 gas

I did find that it was easy to adjust through the nozzle for a change

2 hours ago, Nick G said:

Para stock has arrived for mine, i'll take a pic of it fitted tomorrow.

Nice,  currently looking for one myself, preferably UK based given my ongoing struggles with border force.

And I forgot to upload a pic of my beast as I said I would...   Will dig it out tonight when I get home from work

Quick pics on my living room floor (rug needs a hoover. Got to buy new hoover after motor burned out)

Got a Theta Optics red dot on top, and a smoke generator suppressor on the front, with an Acetech Brighter R tracer unit fitted behind the smoke generator.

Had to modify the suppressor by replacing the original fore end cap with one from a boneyard Spitfire tracer to give the needed clearance, plus removing the rear cap of the Acetech in order to fit the tracer unit in the suppressor casing.

Gives an impressive effect, and certainly turns heads at sites.  Don't have a video of the smoke effect... closest I have is an action shot from a game day after firing, as the smoke is being dissipated by the breeze

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

6 hours ago, Nick G said:

Mine came from SIXmm in Hong kong. Straight through with no issues. Took just over a week.

Just looked.  Out of stock

3 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Quick pics on my living room floor (rug needs a hoover. Got to buy new hoover after motor burned out)

Got a Theta Optics red dot on top, and a smoke generator suppressor on the front, with an Acetech Brighter R tracer unit fitted behind the smoke generator.

Had to modify the suppressor by replacing the original fore end cap with one from a boneyard Spitfire tracer to give the needed clearance, plus removing the rear cap of the Acetech in order to fit the tracer unit in the suppressor casing.

Gives an impressive effect, and certainly turns heads at sites.  Don't have a video of the smoke effect... closest I have is an action shot from a game day after firing, as the smoke is being dissipated by the breeze

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Just looked.  Out of stock

Bugger, I must have got the last one .

Smoke generator looks very cool !

Edited by Nick G

Very smart.Out of interest , which size gas tank have you got in the auscam mag ? I

43 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

The regular box mag one fits perfectly . Although I did remove 1" of tube to relieve some stress on the connector

Thanks, I happen to have one of the Auscam mags too so will have a try. I shortened my gas tube slightly even to use in the boxmag. Also invested in a pack of conector clips to stop the gas tube being unintentionally released.

6 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Thanks, I happen to have one of the Auscam mags too so will have a try. I shortened my gas tube slightly even to use in the boxmag. Also invested in a pack of conector clips to stop the gas tube being unintentionally released.

Oh cool , yeah the box mag fits perfectly . Oh I did cut a space for the pipe on the feed guides like the one on the VFC mag too but a little larger

What weight BB's are we all using ?  Did a bit of experimenting with the hop yesterday in a mate's orchard. Hop fully on sent .25's heading for the moon , so plenty of ability to handle heavier BB's. I'm thinking of switching to .28's next game as a compromise between weight and cost. The .30's that I generally run in all my GBBR's and pistols will start getting expensive in the 249 although I could be tempted to try 'em .

Edited by Nick G

Just had a play in the garden with .30's. Looks like they are indeed the way to go. Still some adjustment left in the hop too. 

6 hours ago, Nick G said:

What weight BB's are we all using ?  Did a bit of experimenting with the hop yesterday in a mate's orchard. Hop fully on sent .25's heading for the moon , so plenty of ability to handle heavier BB's. I'm thinking of switching to .28's next game as a compromise between weight and cost. The .30's that I generally run in all my GBBR's and pistols will start getting expensive in the 249 although I could be tempted to try 'em .

Currently using .28s, but will probably try switching to .30 or .32 when they run out.

I also load my mags to give 5 tracer BBs to every 20 normal BBs, loading each mag to the 175 mark.  Hoping someone can make a 3d printed adapter to fit on a my G&G speed loader, as the supplies speedloader is a pain to use, and the adapter won't fit without a lot of messing about.

Like the mix with the tracers, very cool ! Oddly I find the loader ok to use, but wouldn't want to try to reload with it in a game . An adapter for a more compact loader would be good.

Oh yeah,  it's fine to use in the safe zone on a table,  but out on the field between games,  it's a pain...   so an adapter is definately needed

3 hours ago, 1st commando said:

I actually only load to either 100 or 120 as I don't think the mags will be as reliable filled to 175 given that VFC refer to them as 100 round mags with only a side note saying "they can be made to fit 175 with a mechanical loader"

120 is probably the sweet spot tbh, although I dont have any issues getting 160 in with the supplied loader. But putting less stress on the spring can't be a bad thing.

• 4 weeks later...

This video might be worth a watch if you haven't already seen it, covering some of the potential weaknesses/upgrade options (easy HPA and box mag conversion as well as hop mods).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxwj6QbtjU4

On 28/09/2023 at 18:36, Hatchet said:

This video might be worth a watch if you haven't already seen it, covering some of the potential weaknesses/upgrade options (easy HPA and box mag conversion as well as hop mods).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxwj6QbtjU4

damn, beat me to it..

I saw this video last night, but didn't get round to posting it here.

I will probably only do the nozzle spring mod to my one, as improved accuracy is never a bad thing, and i may also add the washers in the bolt carrier. i definitely wont be HPAing my one though, nor will i be doing the AEG box mag conversion.

still need to get out to a site and set up the adjustable nozzle valve i fitted last month (only been to one game since then and it was a CQB site, so i dont think an M249 would be very welcome there XD)

33 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

I will probably only do the nozzle spring mod to my one, as improved accuracy is never a bad thing, and i may also add the washers in the bolt carrier. i definitely wont be HPAing my one though, nor will i be doing the AEG box mag conversion.

I'm thinking the same, I would considder hpa, but the bottle would have to fit in a box mag, Cant be doing with the whole ghostbusters look.