adding attachments to a IF legality

Wegalaxy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Wegalaxy said:

Is adding attachments which are black to a two tone IF legal or does it class as manufacturing a RIF? Or is it not classed as a modification if they are simply attached?

Thanks 

I take it you mean things like an AFG or sight. If so then I'd say you're fine. If you mean changing things that are 2 toned then as above*

*I'm not a lawyer so don't take this as legal advice, just an opinion.

In reality as long as you don't do anything stupid with the IF then you'll be fine either way

Edited by Cannonfodder

7 minutes ago, Wegalaxy said:

@rocketdogbertI am thinking about adding a mock flash hider on the muzzle which is already black. So just adding more black but not touching the 2 tone.

Would this be legal?

Thanks

Yes, as stated above

• Supporters

Please stop this. 

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

If you’re replacing the two toned part with a black part, then yes, manufacturing.

M O D I F I C A T I O N.

See if you can find anyone who will ever care though.

@Wegalaxy, while it's commendable that you're being careful, there is such a thing as inventing problems where none exist.

If you're in the UK, and if your use of whatever toy you have is on (properly) private land, then nobody is ever going to care what you're doing, or with what, or how you got / made it.

On the other hand, if you're going to run around the local dogging woods reenacting John Wick, then it won't matter if your toy is 0%, 49%, 51% or 100% orange.

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Please stop this. 

M O D I F I C A T I O N.

See if you can find anyone who will ever care though.

@Wegalaxy, while it's commendable that you're being careful, there is such a thing as inventing problems where none exist.

If you're in the UK, and if your use of whatever toy you have is on (properly) private land, then nobody is ever going to care what you're doing, or with what, or how you got / made it.

On the other hand, if you're going to run around the local dogging woods reenacting John Wick, then it won't matter if your toy is 0%, 49%, 51% or 100% orange.

Not that I care, but can you link or quote the parts of the legislation that specify please

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Not that I care, but can you link or quote the parts of the legislation that specify please

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Yes.

🤣🤣🤣

Will you, please, genuinely interested before I quit airsoft, thank you

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

🤣🤣🤣

Will you, please, genuinely interested before I quit airsoft, thank you

Ah, go on then.

image.thumb.png.cf3b446a9c7b3f14441adf6d4d1db65a.png

It's just a pet peeve when folk say "manufacture" when there's a crystal clear and explicit "modifies" offence right there.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/36

16 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Ah, go on then.

image.thumb.png.cf3b446a9c7b3f14441adf6d4d1db65a.png

It's just a pet peeve when folk say "manufacture" when there's a crystal clear and explicit "modifies" offence right there.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/36

genuine question though, is there a definition of what constitutes “manufacture” and what constitutes “modify”, or is it on a case by case basis?

12 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

genuine question though, is there a definition of what constitutes “manufacture” and what constitutes “modify”

Yes, when not defined in the Act, you fall back to the dictionary.

Manufacture: something made from raw materials by hand or by machinery

Modify: to undergo change

If you're replacing two tones parts on an imitation firearm, you are modifying an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm. Just as section 36, (1)(a) describes above.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.