Noob Question - What are these guns + help with spare magazines

boskee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey,

I'm new to the sport, and I know next to nothing about rifles. Can you tell me what's the name of the rifle in the photo below? It's a rental from Airsoft Plantation. I would like to buy some spare magazines for my next 2 games (before I get UKARA number and can buy my own rifle) so that I don't have to return back to the safe zone to refill them. If I buy magazines for this weapon, will they work with other airsoft rifles that I may buy in the future or are they model specific? Thanks.

image.png.0ad018d900887a19681a0427b6c7403e.png

Those guns are some sort of M4 , M4 mags should fit. Whilst most are not model specific there are some that are , but you should be ok with any generic M4 mag.

Can you not take a bottle or bag os BB's out with you during the game and then just refill the mag that comes with the rental ?

5 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Can you not take a bottle or bag os BB's out with you during the game and then just refill the mag that comes with the rental ?

I guess I could. I didn't need additional mags for most of the games except the D-Day scenario where I emptied my magazine fairly quickly. 

Edited by boskee

40 minutes ago, boskee said:

I guess I could. I didn't need additional mags for most of the games except the D-Day scenario where I emptied my magazine fairly quickly. 

I'd do that , save buying mags untill you get your UKARA and order your first RIF, then get mags to match,

Those are Dboys M4s (also known as Specna Arms, Lancer Tactical, Saigo Defense, Evolution Airsoft), solid starter guns.

I would advise against buying mags before you get a replica, while it's true that in theory A brand mag will fit B brand gun, it's Airsoft we're talking about and most "guns" want certain brand magazines.

I'll tell you this, if you don't mind high caps, Lonex Flash Mags are essentially the best and the ones that, in my experience, feed in most guns.

Midcaps are cooler but they're a lot more fussy.

45 minutes ago, Skara said:

I'll tell you this, if you don't mind high caps, Lonex Flash Mags are essentially the best and the ones that, in my experience, feed in most guns.

I'm very happy with my Lonex mags, but even they sometimes partly unwind when I slide 'em in to my DE and the Tippmann.  Any idea if there's something I can tweak to prevent that?

With regard to mags / ammo carrying ... you could buy one of these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132131973156

Stick it in a pocket, it doesn't rattle, and it pours into a high-cap reasonably well if you're careful.  I've got enough mags that mine is relegated to 'emergencies only' in a pouch on the back of my belt, it's good to know it's there, so not a wasted investment.
(If you do buy one, and it's going in a pocket or somewhere hidden from view, don't necessarily buy the camo that matches the ground you're on - you'll never find it if you drop it :D) 

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.