Nuprol green gas 2.0 vs 3.0

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I haven't noticed much difference between the Nuprol in the green can and that in the red can.

I know some people mistakenly refer to it as red gas, but it is just green gas with a slightly higher psi for use in colder weather.

Does it really work as intended, or is it just a marketing thing? I have found it difficult to appreciate any real difference between the green can and the red.

Does anybody know that the psi is supposed to be, and what the psi is of the Nuprol 2.o? 

When I tested it in my MWS the FPS went from 260fps to 275fps on average. Good for colder weather when gas guns can get a bit sluggish.

No idea on the PSI but pretty sure I have seen a chart on the Internet somewhere - have a Google!

As above, no idea what psi ratings are for them, I always thought red awsa closer to MAP gas as opposed to 'normal' propane. I certainly find power level goes up with Red and it is better in colder weather 

23 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

I haven't noticed much difference between the Nuprol in the green can and that in the red can.

I know some people mistakenly refer to it as red gas, but it is just green gas with a slightly higher psi for use in colder weather.

Does it really work as intended, or is it just a marketing thing? I have found it difficult to appreciate any real difference between the green can and the red.

Does anybody know that the psi is supposed to be, and what the psi is of the Nuprol 2.o? 

Feels like a big case of LMGTFY but there you go. Literally just googled 'Nuprol Gas PSI' and was greeted by this article as the first result which states 2.0 is around 135 PSI at 72 degrees Fahrenheit (about 22 degrees celcius) and 3.0 is around 160. While the chart lands on around the 110 PSI mark at 20 degrees celcius for 2.0 and the 145 PSI mark for 3.0.

nuprol-10-green-gas-500ml

The actual PSI is a pointless measure.

PSI in the can?

PSI in a mag (when full, half full, what?)

PSI when the mag releases the gas into the nozzle?

The only relevant thing is the relative numbers. So, for example, according to the chart, red at 10° is equivalent to green at about 22-23°.

Having often wondered this myself, rather than Google it (cheers @alxndrhll btw) I dusted off a can of Nuprol 3.0 that I've had for a while, and a can of my regular Zero One Pro Gas, which is effectively Abbey Predator "green" gas, and reached for the MWS.

Reasonably warm room, mags cold on filling, stock MWS with SixG nub and .28g Open Blasters. Both mags had a timed 12 second fill from empty. 

First clip is the Zero One gas, second is Nuprol 3.0.  

It was filmed one handed (steady!) and very quickly, so apologies for any motion sickness they may cause,

On 18/02/2023 at 18:51, alxndrhll said:

Feels like a big case of LMGTFY but there you go. Literally just googled 'Nuprol Gas PSI' and was greeted by this article as the first result which states 2.0 is around 135 PSI at 72 degrees Fahrenheit (about 22 degrees celcius) and 3.0 is around 160. While the chart lands on around the 110 PSI mark at 20 degrees celcius for 2.0 and the 145 PSI mark for 3.0.

nuprol-10-green-gas-500ml

Thanks for posting that. I did quite a bit of googling, but didn't come across that chart. It will be very useful.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.