Your best/worst RiF?

Dentonboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Best: TM MWS by far I echo what everyone else has said about it, its got to be the best gbbr out there in terms of performance,  reliability and cold weather performance. I have had GHK , VFC and WE and the TM has trumps them all its just magic. 

Worst: KWC Mini uzi - absolute shite,  Could barely get a mag out of it even with good conditions.  

Best: TM 416 DEVGRU. It was my first TM and has been my go-to for a good while now. I've had to replace a few parts due to wear and tear but it's been hugely reliable, has good range and is just a good looking rifle. 

Favourite: TM MWS. First GBBR, worked great from the off, and I've really enjoyed turning it into the little beauty it is today. Started using it more as my primary now, with the 416 as back-up, and I just love shooting it. Pretty sure I'm going to be giving it a sibling before long. 

Worst: It would either be the first RIF I got; a second (or third+) hand Classic Army M4 with a 203 USGL. Looked great but was a pretty poor shooting experience, or the first gun I bought after getting my UKARA; a G&G M4. Can't recall the model but it was part of their Top Tech range and cost around £330. It screeched like a bastard, the hop was shit and the anti-reversal latch lasted two games before shitting itself. Expensive lesson.

Best: G&G M4 or CYMA M14.  Both just perform exactly as they should.  Both accepted a few mods without shitting themselves AND actually shot even better!  All the gnus I really need (we'll ignore the other dozen or so).

Worst:  SRC M4.  Hop didn't work. Didn't feed.  Slow motor speed.  Bloody awful build quality.  Flexible receiver anyone?  or....  SRC pistol.  Never even fired a shot...

Worst:  M92F double bell. I so wanted to be mel gibson in lethal weapon. I bought a cheap gun. It is now a wall hanger after randomly dumping gas, firing at around 15fps, jamming and generally being poo. I have enough spare parts to make another one but really cant be bothered.

Runner up:  MB02 G spec. Meh. dont get sniping. many parts added. bank manager not happy with its performance. Turns out that its really slippery too with the baby poo paint job i did on it.

Best: M904G Honey badger..badger badger badger MUSHROOOOOOM. sorry. Love it. its quiet, lobs 0.28's at people in the distance and i've done lots of my learning on it so it has a special place in my collection.

Honourable mentions: both my mp5's (SD and A4) just keep going. Hate the fact that you have to strip it to component level to do anything to it but they just keep chugging along....

10 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Worst: G&G M4

8 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Best: G&G M4

This says a lot about the state of airsoft gun design and their QA, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

This says a lot about the state of airsoft gun design and their QA, doesn't it?

Haha, yep. I also had a G&G M14 and it was absolutely superb, so yeah, sometimes you get a lemon.

My own worst: Raven P226. Just cannot hop a thing. Even new parts, just refused to hop anything.

Posting on a friend's behalf: G&G SR15. It's had to have a full gearbox rebuild as it would simply explode half way through a game day on the original bearings. Came from the factory with the motor unplugged. Just an awful product for something costing over £300. 

Best is more for personal reasons (unless my new tac 41 does well this weekend), but it's a nuprol delta ak21. It was meant to be a cheap project gun, learning internals, how to tinker with gearboxes etc. It's done that job well, but now it resides as my HPA DMR that has honestly never failed me for the last year or so since I've had it. Granted it's all new internals, and it took some shimming and whatnot to get the hop to behave. But it's the gun I bring when I want something that will just work. I can run it at 1j with a red dot as an assault rifle that can hit 60m pretty handily. I can cover it in scrim and use it as a silent precision weapon. Or I can pump the pressure and run it as a DMR to throw heavy BBS out past 70m. I love that thing. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.