GHK gbbrs

Aharps

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, sorry for the noob question, seeing a lot of good talk about GHK gbbrs but mostly from websites. 

they seem to run around £700-800 for the rifle alone. Are they really worth that sort of premium over say a VFC which seem to run sub £600.

Sadly GHK QC is in the bin at the moment.  I am lucky that both mine are pre 2018.  Want a GBBR AK? As pained as I am to say this get the TM

I got my ghk m4 by accident in a bundle, it’s circa 2017-2018 and works a charm

Ive never been fortunate enough to compare it to anyone else’s, as I have never seen another one here in Scotland 

The standard hop unit is next to useless

Then when you upgrade, you need to run .36’s or close to it so as your upgraded hop, won’t overhop 😂

A 1J nozzle will still fire too hot over the Chrono on a nice day on green gas, so then you need to fit an NPAS system

(I’ve done this but yet to Chrono/ field it)

Mags are nigh on impossible to find, and are eye wateringly expensive if you do (like around £70 new per mag)

Used mags exchange for around the £40-£45 mark

Feedlips on the mags have a tendency to split if you look at them in the wrong direction, so then you need to get aluminium aftermarket ones, around £20 for a set for 1 magazine

Not much of a difference between Mk1 & Mk2 variants of the gun (Mk2 has a magnetic bolt lock & smoother finish to the bcg over the Mk1

Its a love hate relationship

A bit like domestic abuse I imagine

I love mine 😂

2C88DC55-3110-43D3-A026-7A8956142CB6.thumb.jpeg.21123ec4d2e32c953a3d4eb757c1c65e.jpeg

GHK G5 could be an entry level gun. You may even find a good deal as a used one.

If you don't insist on M4/AK then ASG MP9 could be an alternative.

Edited by Krisz

9 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

The answer to your question is three simple letters. MWS.

Yeah, this.

Its not a “TM master race thing” they just perform really, really well.

*kinda is TM master race

Yeah certainly seen a lot about them MWS ones. Hear that they’re fine on green gas despite manufacturer warning they should use low power?

I'd tend to advise 2 tweaks (one free, one not) when running above duster/144a gas. Roll the buffer tube back one full rotation to avoid the rear screw on the top of the bolt carrier hitting your receiver, and swap out/have to hand a spare nozzle return spring (a £10 part) as they're the common failure point. I'm not going any further into the nitty gritty of it, there is a 258 page thread about just the MWS here.

Main thing to consider when looking at a GBBR is teh cost of mags alongside the replica itself. They'll run you about £50 each for an MWS. Long story short, it gets expensive very quickly.

Even I, as a bona fide GHK fan boy, would say get an MWS.  I have one, its stock, and it just runs sweet as f*ck.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.