JG T3-K3 (G3) as a DMR Base

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone built a DMR using this as a base gun?

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/jing-gong-jg-t3-k3-g3a3-assault-rifle

I understand the externals are ABS but is it of the non-creaky variety? I do like an interesting looking DMR but in reality some are not great to lug around all-day due to length or weight, so this actually appeals to me, despite the reduced realism.

Anything else to be aware of? 

I had one and fielded it for over a year before I got bored (it happens easily with me 😂)

It is mostly plastic / abs and nice and light weight

The only thing I did to mine when it arrived was downgrade the spring as it was close to 400fps on arrival & wire to deans

Mid caps are hard to find, hi caps are metal and cheap 👍

I must be pretty light handed with my stuff, as I never managed to break anything on it. 
The stock mounted rear sling point obviously isn’t up to the job it’s supposed to do.

But, as a lightweight DMR , I recon it’s perfect.

A lot less creaky than the TM version!

Pop a claw mount on the top, fit an optic, lock to semi and yer off!

I loved mine!

EF3050A8-5172-486F-85D9-7A89CC8CFE80.thumb.jpeg.991864ebaa2b0eb64848eabe962e22d4.jpeg

Yes, I never did remove the “HopUp” dangler on the front

It made other players diss me thinking I was a noob 😉

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• Supporters

Creakiness aside, no reason it can't be used as a dmr base, it looks the part & aside from locking it to semi, maybe a spring change & tweak the hop, your good to go. 

I'd rather that than pb's other dmr offering at £1.7k lol

I personally did like mine; it was creaky and lightweight but nothing broke on it for me (just try to refrain from HK slapping it 😆 ). The main reason I got rid of mine was the magazines; all the high-cap ones I had, the hatch at the top wore down quickly and just wouldn't stay closed. Many BBs lost. If you're planning on using midcaps it won't be an issue of course. 

They definitely look the bollocks. Of course the LCT version is going to be superior in the build department, but I just know I'm going to be miserable with a long and heavy gun. PB actually had them in stock the other day, I assume when they get them back in, they'll have added £30 - 40 to the price tag.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.