First gun CYMA CM040 or KWA Originals EVE9?

devross

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Struggling to make a decision, and im sure this comes up a thousand times from newbies like me.

Looking for something decent out of the box and good for outdoor skirmishes.

Any advice would be great, and any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, devross said:

Struggling to make a decision, and im sure this comes up a thousand times from newbies like me.

Looking for something decent out of the box and good for outdoor skirmishes.

Any advice would be great, and any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

I see Cyma AK, I like Cyma AK. Plus, everyone (even me) has an M4 or M4-adjacent gun.

I'd go with the Cyma cm040. Cyma AKs have always been brilliant and it will be an absolute workhorse of a gun with minimal tweaks (literally I'd just swap out the hop rubber and nub and keep the rest stock).

35 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I see Cyma AK, I like Cyma AK. Plus, everyone (even me) has an M4 or M4-adjacent gun.

I'd go with the Cyma cm040. Cyma AKs have always been brilliant and it will be an absolute workhorse of a gun with minimal tweaks (literally I'd just swap out the hop rubber and nub and keep the rest stock).

Thanks for the reply,

Looks like im probably going for the AK,

To be honest i don't mind being just another m4 guy as long as the gun will perform well and lasts.

I also have a CYMA CM.040 and can say that it is a great gun out of the box. I have not needed to do anything with mine other than feed it quality bbs.

I've three or four metal CYMAs*.  They are great out of the box.   

I've bought Mrs TPH one for Xmas as she fancied the side folder with stubby barrel.  

*(This may be a deliberate under estimate 😉 )

Cyma\s are great guns. so to are KWA's, generally needing no more than a decent hop as they are specked for USA wHere velocities are higher so hops are Harder.  The Eve being one of there new polymer guns is also nice and light so great for all day use especial;;y by younger or female players.  The polymer used it the same polymer used by Magpul for RS magazines, so no problems there, its basically mil spec.   The Eve also uses a different design barrel/ receiver joint , eliminating the weakest part of the traditional m4 design.  

• Supporters
16 hours ago, BigAl said:

there new polymer guns is also nice and light so great for all day use especial;;y by younger or female players

Or older ones!

On 08/12/2022 at 09:16, devross said:

How does the CM040 compare in externals/internals to something like an LCT or E&L?

Also what sort of price should i really be looking to pay for the CYMA?

Cheers.

I was talking about this very question a few games ago.  I gave a chap my CYMA 040to hold and he thought that it was the LCT.  I don't think that he would have mistaken the rif with both side by side, but the CYMA is solid.  

Where are you?  If you are ten minutes up the road from someone on here I'm sure that they will let you have a fondle.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.