VFC GBB M249

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

tell Me more , with more pictures and maybe a video 😛 

So far I've only put about one mag through it. But first impressions are very good. I plan to get the box mag for it but I'll order that from one of the the hong kong or Taiwan suppliers . Will do some tests at the weekend to see hom many bbs the stanag gas reservoir will fire before a refill. I suspect 10 or so round bursts will be optimal. Will try and get some video at the weekend.

image.thumb.png.31686fb63ca9b0aa186e27f6704372a7.pngimage.thumb.png.42a588bd0acb7873d8c498e6bc7a5680.pngimage.thumb.png.5bdfdea4fecadff0fcebcd4d1f19f5d6.pngimage.thumb.png.184dfd7e40003e68683e41916beaf9bc.png

image.thumb.jpeg.ef026ce82e10223d6e24b3601900283d.jpeg

Selection of pictures, everything has trades, even the bolt by the look of it.

Weighs alot less than you might expect, which will be down to the all Ali construction .

8 hours ago, Nick G said:

I'll order that from one of the the hong kong or Taiwan suppliers

If you do, I hope you have better luck than I did.

As I posted in the "what have you bought" thread earlier in the week, I recieved my m249 and gas box mag from SWIT,  only to find that some incompetent customs inspector has snapped the front sight off the gun and used a screwdriver to break off the end plate of the box mag, rather than just releasing the securing tabs

I was hoping to run mine this weekend,  but I will be unable to do so as I may be required to ship it back to SWIT as part of their claims process.

Did a bit of a proper trial with gas capacity. Fully charged stanag and I got 200 rounds out of it which I'm impressed with.  Lots of short bursts , did the first 100 then gave the mag time to warm up a bit. Then the second 100 . Nothing left in the gas mag at the end but it did it. Probably 150 reliably in a game . The second 100 were tracers , that was a scream !

My boxmag has arrived , that beast will hold alot of gas !  I can kind of see how the customs monkeys broke the cover of Spartan's getting it off though I had to resort to a large screwdriver in the end.

Edited by Nick G

Quick vid of it cycling . Not a great vid but this is the first time I've ever tried putting a video on youtube. I'll try and do a proper one at weekend. ( I don't do tech ! 😂)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.