Cerakote or anodise?

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to change the aluminium trigger, non drop outer barrel and guide rod plug on my TM hi capa from silver to black.

Would anodising work out cheaper than cerakote, or would I be better off selling the parts and buying black ones.

I've also thought about painting, but I can't be bothered with the hassle, and I think the parts deserve a better surface treatment.

Edited by emilianoksa

Paint will wear off fast, anodising always looks a bit “candy apple” gloss, Cerakote will wear off eventually if there is any rubbing.

I’m a Cerakote fan my self, and don’t forget Parkerizing, always an option for realism 

Cerakote is expensive as it is, painting will look naff, not sure about anodising but cant imagine its cheap, unless you happen to know the right guy.

just buy new parts, itll be far cheaper.

On 29/10/2022 at 18:01, emilianoksa said:

I want to change the aluminium trigger, non drop outer barrel and guide rod plug on my TM hi capa from silver to black.

Would anodising work out cheaper than cerakote, or would I be better off selling the parts and buying black ones.

I've also thought about painting, but I can't be bothered with the hassle, and I think the parts deserve a better surface treatment.

Trigger, guide rod and plug are probably cheaper to replace than have coated.

Outer barrel, 5KU ones can be had for about £35. Aluminium you can pick up AM or EDGE at the moment for £55.

Probably about same cost and far less effort than getting coated.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.