Is there a way for a 16yo to get a RIF?

T800pug

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It’s a fully automatic assault rifle and so is limited to 350 fps which it can’t even reach, I’m trying to get a marksman since my site allows them to go up to 425 and most of the map is very open and long distance.

38 minutes ago, T800pug said:

It’s a fully automatic assault rifle and so is limited to 350 fps which it can’t even reach, I’m trying to get a marksman since my site allows them to go up to 425 and most of the map is very open and long distance.

It’s not all about range & velocity, and if you go down that road you’re trapped in a rabbit hole of tweaking parts to increase x, further tweaking to do so  consistently and then turning it down to try and hit the target you pointed at

Usually the better way to go is to get closer, find alternate routes instead of the big long range stalemate in the middle of the field 

If most of it is long and open then that implies you can flank.  If a game zone is just long and open, without at least sporadic cover then it’s a poorly designed site. If it does have a wide open area plus alternative routes then it’s a better designed site to cater for those who will exploit the design 

16 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

It’s not all about range & velocity, and if you go down that road you’re trapped in a rabbit hole of tweaking parts to increase x, further tweaking to do so  consistently and then turning it down to try and hit the target you pointed at

Usually the better way to go is to get closer, find alternate routes instead of the big long range stalemate in the middle of the field 

If most of it is long and open then that implies you can flank.  If a game zone is just long and open, without at least sporadic cover then it’s a poorly designed site. If it does have a wide open area plus alternative routes then it’s a better designed site to cater for those who will exploit the design 

I agree however I want to change my gamePlay and want to play further and hide in bushes and towers.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, T800pug said:

Fair point.  Personally I'd yeet DMRs right out of the game because they're regularly abused to trigger spam, despise any rules about 2 second delays / 1-in-the-air. But that's between your conscience and your site.

Please be aware that DMRs are (almost always) made, not bought.  Whatever you get, you'll need to - at a bare minimum - replace the spring, and find a way to lock it to semi that will satisfy your site.  They may also have some ideas about what constitutes a DMR, i.e. it has to be based on a 7.62mm / .308" gun rather than 5.56mm.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Fair point.  Personally I'd yeet DMRs right out of the game because they're regularly abused to trigger spam, despise any rules about 2 second delays / 1-in-the-air. But that's between your conscience and your site.

Please be aware that DMRs are (almost always) made, not bought.  Whatever you get, you'll need to - at a bare minimum - replace the spring, and find a way to lock it to semi that will satisfy your site.  They may also have some ideas about what constitutes a DMR, i.e. it has to be based on a 7.62mm / .308" gun rather than 5.56mm.

To be specific my site says that anything that is locked to semi auto other then pistols and spring rifles count as marksman’s and are limited to 425 fps with a 10 or 20m minimum engagement distance can’t remember which one.

Sort of unrelated to this thread but are there any bases that you would recommend to build ontop of?

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, T800pug said:

Sort of unrelated to this thread but are there any bases that you would recommend to build ontop of?

Typically CYMA.  M14 for classic styling, or CM.098 for SR-25.  Of course, many other platforms, brands and budgets are available. I'm running one based on a Specna Arms SA-E02 (i.e. a 5.56mm carbine) with a barrel extension and solid stock, it really comes down to preference, budget, and site rules.

At the end of the day, they'll perform as well as the nozzle, hop unit, rubber and barrel allow. The BB doesn't know or care what the externals look like.

36 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Typically CYMA.  M14 for classic styling, or CM.098 for SR-25.  Of course, many other platforms, brands and budgets are available. I'm running one based on a Specna Arms SA-E02 (i.e. a 5.56mm carbine) with a barrel extension and solid stock, it really comes down to preference, budget, and site rules.

At the end of the day, they'll perform as well as the nozzle, hop unit, rubber and barrel allow. The BB doesn't know or care what the externals look like.

Ye of course thank you for the suggestions I’m going to do some more research later.

Higher fps doesn't equal more range. A decent hop unit and barrel would be a better investment. Keeping below the 1.1j will mean you don't have to worry about a MED and you still have full auto for those ooh shit moments. Also any half decently run site will insist you also carry a secondary for the closer engagements

18 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Higher fps doesn't equal more range. A decent hop unit and barrel would be a better investment. Keeping below the 1.1j will mean you don't have to worry about a MED and you still have full auto for those ooh shit moments. Also any half decently run site will insist you also carry a secondary for the closer engagements

Interesting however I did just buy a glock 18c with a 50 round clip so I don’t have to worry about the fully auto aspect so I cover the secondary part. 

• 5 weeks later...

How are you buying these IF's? You're under 18 so its a criminal offence to do so regardless of their colour, do you parents know this or are they buying them for you?

• Supporters
On 05/10/2022 at 07:55, T800pug said:

No, its not limited to 350fps, that's just the ballpark figure it's hoping to achieve with its current collective of parts & its set up. 

Same goes for its range & accuracy, its down to parts & setup, as well as its ability with semi & full auto. 

All of this can be fixed relatively easily, & for not a stupid amount of money. 

Which to me sounds like a better option than attempting to "circumnavigate' (ie break) the law in relation to the vcra

Personally though I think you should feck right off, but that's only cos I'm obscenely old at almost 55 & clearly riddled with dementia etc😜

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.