Cyma cm708

Simonwwfc

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought one the weekend with bipod , scope etc just to see how I get on , using .30g bbs and even at 20 Mtrs it seems terrible shooting bbs all over the place , just stuck a tomato up at the Range to zero in the scopes theta optics and it’s hit and miss are theses sniper rifles that bad ? 

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Simonwwfc said:

are theses sniper rifles that bad ? 

No, but apart from some limited, specific examples I can't think of many bolties that are accurate out of the box.

It’s strange that I set up also a target only 20mtrs away to zero the scopes in and the bbs are flying all over . I even drawn a circle around a spray paint lid on white paper and the same thing happened 

I just bought a cheapo sniper rifle too, just to dip a toe in the water...

I bought some Geoff's .40s and the gun shoots quite nicely.  But it's inconsistent.  I'll get 3 shots looking bang-on, but then I'll get one or two off to the right - either going straight right or curving off a bit.   At 15m I think might be missing by 4 or 5 inches - I'll stick a paper target up and measure it properly.  

The barrel looks clean all the way through.

I'm guessing that sort of behaviour warrants a new hop rubber and nub as a starting point... but I'm also aware it might be the start of a long and expensive journey, so I've resolved to leave it alone until I can test it at greater range and put a decent number of shots through it.

Edit: a very quick string of 6 shots.. 1 flier, low-left, the rest in a 1.75" group - which goes to show that shots may look worse through the scope than they actually are...!  I did dial in some more hop after a few warm-up shots away from the target, so perhaps my previous shots weren't back-spinning enough to stabilise them properly?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Simonwwfc said:

I thought about scrapping it and buying a more expensive sniper rifle 

Nah, you only need to change the hop rubber. And arm. And unit. And barrel. And add spacers. And change the spring. And piston. And guide. And trigger unit.

Once you've spent another £300 on it to replace every single internal part, it'll be fine...

It's an airsoft truism that all decent bolt actions are built, not bought, but my Silverback TAC-41 says otherwise.

• Supporters
On 07/09/2022 at 13:29, Lozart said:

No, but apart from some limited, specific examples I can't think of many bolties that are accurate out of the box.

18 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's an airsoft truism that all decent bolt actions are built, not bought, but my Silverback TAC-41 says otherwise.

...and that right there is one of the limited, specific examples I was on about!

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Lozart said:

that right there is one of the limited, specific examples I was on about!

Caveated that with airsoft quality control, nothing is guaranteed.  It's just more likely that you'll get a good, usable example of a Silverback or (gritted teeth) SSG-10 than a cheap JG or CYMA.  Steyr Scout is also getting some love.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.