Posting AEG

ChoffNose

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry I've done a search but nothing seemed to come up.

I'm selling an AEG can anyone advise the best carrier? Do Hermes/Evri take them or any advice as to who does/best to use?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, ChoffNose said:

Sorry I've done a search but nothing seemed to come up.

I'm selling an AEG can anyone advise the best carrier? Do Hermes/Evri take them or any advice as to who does/best to use?

Thanks

Parcel force 48 takes them I believe. 👍

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Yup, they're the only courier I know of that doesn't expressly prohibit them (depending on which version of their T&Cs you read).

They also (sometimes) say that compensation is limited to £100, but people have successfully paid for more at a Post Office counter.

Or you could send by the cheapest option, list as "sporting goods", package it well, and cross your fingers.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

I thought Cage Soft used UPS when I sent my AEG is for some upgrades.

Businesses have contracts with carriers like UPS, DPD etc which will carry RIFs but as a private individual then it's pretty much PF48 or cross your fingers and pray.

Just now, Lozart said:

Businesses have contracts with carriers like UPS, DPD etc which will carry RIFs but as a private individual then it's pretty much PF48 or cross your fingers and pray.

That's not correct mate, I know royal mail will, if under 61cm and parcel force will, but only 48hrs, with a max off 100 compensation. 

My parcel is 100cm however with value +200 

57 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Yea that's correct but a max of £100 compo

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, ChoffNose said:

That's not correct mate, I know royal mail will, if under 61cm and parcel force will, but only 48hrs, with a max off 100 compensation. 

My parcel is 100cm however with value +200 

I stand corrected.

Royal Mail: (Section 1 and Section 2 firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts) May be sent in compliance  with UK law and subject to any applicable controls on the possession of firearms.

Parcelforce Worldwide: Only low-powered air weapons accepted. Must be sent using express48 via Post Office

Parcelforce does let you up the compensation value though https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/inclusive-compensation

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/enhanced-compensation

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Parcelforce does let you up the compensation value though

"Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only

These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter

Enhanced compensation cover is not available"

27 minutes ago, ChoffNose said:

Yea that's correct but a max of £100 compo

But people here have paid for more than that when handing the parcel in at a Post Office counter.  It seems that they shouldn't be able to, but money changed hands.

Note that I'm being careful with the use of language here. I'm not claiming that anyone has successfully received more than £100 in compensation for a "low powered air weapon", or even that you'd have a contract with Parcel Force, given that a notionally different company took your money.  It'd be an interesting legal wrangle - interesting to legal wranglers - if it came down to it.

So it's a gamble either way.  You send with PF48, listed as a "low powered air weapon" and hope that you'll be able to pay for and claim on enhanced cover, or you post by any other company, lie about the contents, hope that they don't care enough to check, and that they either deliver it or lose it completely rather than damaging it.

Sorry, I don't know of any courier that will accept and fully cover airsoft guns when declared honestly.

21 hours ago, Floperator said:

Have you considered partially disassembling the RIF for postage?

No mate.. someone is buying it, I don't think they want it in kit form ☺️

Its gone parcel force anyhow 👍

1 hour ago, ChoffNose said:

No mate.. someone is buying it, I don't think they want it in kit form ☺️

Its gone parcel force anyhow 👍

Fair enough. I suppose it depends who you're sending it to, I'm sure most serious airsofters wouldn't mind getting a gun that's essentially just field stripped. Thinking of an M4 here really where its just two pins holding the upper and lower together.

Only one pin on my m4 to separate 👍

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ChoffNose said:

Its gone parcel force anyhow

Probably for the best.  Out of interest, did you pay for enhanced cover?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.