Bump Helmets! FMA vs. EmersonGear

tomtical

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hola airsoft amigos! 

Can anybody attest to the difference between a £25 (available in the UK) EmersonGear Bump Helmet Repro

and a £85 (not available in the UK) FMA Bump Helmet Repro?

Ive owned the Thick & Heavy FMA Ops-Core but sold it recently. Personally I found it to be too thick and too heavy (for airsoft) 😅 But the quality was great!

Emersongear-Tactical-EXF-BUMP-Style-Half-Helmet-Simple-Version-Head-Protective-Gear-Guard-Shooting-Airsoft-Headwear.jpg_640x640.jpg

fma tb785 3(2).jpg

Yes.
One says Emerson gear next to it, the other says FMA. Easy.

Seriously though, at a glance; no. I have handled both and the Emerson's are definitely lighter, which to me is a good thing.

Hard to say really, both seem to have the same level of quality with their ops core style helmets so likely it'll be the same for the bump style ones. Imo FMA is the way to go, they at least fit my fat head compared to the Emerson ones.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

FMA by a country mile. The padding and retention system are much, much better. Emersongear is shit.

REVIEW // EMERSON Gear Replica MH Fast Helmet - Airsoft News

^ EmersonGear - No velcro for extra padding, and what padding is already there is shallow, and half of it is that shit polystyrene you get on bike helmets.

image.png.a19570b915581bbb2d92428142410243.png

^ FMA , shitloads of velcro for extra padding, and the padding already there is double-layer

Buy once, cry once - although FMA's bump helmets are definitely in the UK, around half the price you found https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/fma-tactical-helmet

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

42 minutes ago, Akuma121 said:

Hard to say really, both seem to have the same level of quality with their ops core style helmets so likely it'll be the same for the bump style ones. Imo FMA is the way to go, they at least fit my fat head compared to the Emerson ones.

He has a point, FMA are better for people with massive noggins, like myself.

• Supporters

Thing is with helmets realistically how long and how often are you actually going to be wearing it ?

Totally agree the FMA has a shit load more padding options than the Emerson BUT the Emerson weighs less than a nat’s fart and are you going to be wearing it for longer than an hr or so at the most when you do wear it ? I’ve got a couple of high end helmets and some REALLY cheap as chips ones as well , the expensive ones are really comfortable when fitted properly and you almost don’t notice them but to be honest the cheap ones are ok to wear all day as well they aren’t uncomfortable by any stretch of the imagination so happy enough wearing them as well . Plus with the cheap ones you have the added advantage of being able to have a couple for the price of a top end one so you can set them up for different scenarios and leave them like that and not have to keep changing them around as needed because you only have one lid ?😉

• Supporters
17 hours ago, tomtical said:

Hola airsoft amigos! 

Can anybody attest to the difference between a £25 (available in the UK) EmersonGear Bump Helmet Repro

and a £85 (not available in the UK) FMA Bump Helmet Repro?

Ive owned the Thick & Heavy FMA Ops-Core but sold it recently. Personally I found it to be too thick and too heavy (for airsoft) 😅 But the quality was great!

Emersongear-Tactical-EXF-BUMP-Style-Half-Helmet-Simple-Version-Head-Protective-Gear-Guard-Shooting-Airsoft-Headwear.jpg_640x640.jpg

fma tb785 3(2).jpg

FMA by a country mile.

11 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Thing is with helmets realistically how long and how often are you actually going to be wearing it ?

Totally agree the FMA has a shit load more padding options than the Emerson BUT the Emerson weighs less than a nat’s fart and are you going to be wearing it for longer than an hr or so at the most when you do wear it ? I’ve got a couple of high end helmets and some REALLY cheap as chips ones as well , the expensive ones are really comfortable when fitted properly and you almost don’t notice them but to be honest the cheap ones are ok to wear all day as well they aren’t uncomfortable by any stretch of the imagination so happy enough wearing them as well . Plus with the cheap ones you have the added advantage of being able to have a couple for the price of a top end one so you can set them up for different scenarios and leave them like that and not have to keep changing them around as needed because you only have one lid ?😉

I have the FMA one and a good friend has the Emerson. The Emerson one was so uncomfortable that he ended up buying the FMA suspension system separately (because you can) and fitted that to it.

As for how long you wear it - YMMV but I have mine on pretty much all day when I do wear it. It also has my comms and goggles mounted to it. Granted the weight is the main consideration but the FMA really doesn't weigh much more (if at all) but the fit IS important. If it's too tight anywhere or the shape of it simply doesn't work with your head then how much it does or doesn't weigh is largely irrelevant.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Lozart said:

FMA by a country mile.

I have the FMA one and a good friend has the Emerson. The Emerson one was so uncomfortable that he ended up buying the FMA suspension system separately (because you can) and fitted that to it.

As for how long you wear it - YMMV but I have mine on pretty much all day when I do wear it. It also has my comms and goggles mounted to it. Granted the weight is the main consideration but the FMA really doesn't weigh much more (if at all) but the fit IS important. If it's too tight anywhere or the shape of it simply doesn't work with your head then how much it does or doesn't weigh is largely irrelevant.

All true points obviously I can only speak from personal experience once I got the cheapo set up and comfy (I did add some extra bit of padding) it’s perfectly fine . I wear my helmet all gameday as well but 90% of the sites I’ve been too none of the games lasted longer than an hr and then you’ve got anything from 10mins to an hr between games depending on what time of the day it is when your not wearing it ? 

Finish/fit/coating of the FMA lids is nicer than Emmerson. That's reflected in the price.

I have an FMA CP helmet - The only thing I have changed is the NVG mount for a metal one for my night vision goggles.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.