UKARA problem

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I referred the UKARA number - of a member of this forum who wants to buy a rif from me - to a retailer.

I received a reply telling me that this UKARA number is valid until Sept of this year.

However I was also told that the site the buyer plays at needs to renew proof that it has valid insurance with UKARA.

I was told they do this by sending a copy of their insurance....... But the email doesn't tell me who to send the copy to. It is too late for me to email the retailer again for clarification until Monday, and the seller is waiting to finalise the deal.

I imagine the copy has to be sent to some official site, and not to me, but this is the first time I have encountered such a message, and I am not sure what to do.

Would anybody care to advise me or comment?

Mmmm, could be wrong (usually am☺️) but if it's coming back that the buyer has a valid number according to the UKARA database, then I would be happy enough with that, even though the site's insurance has lapsed it must have been valid at the time of issuing his number. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon. 

It'll be fine. The UKARA Number is valid for the usual year. I was told that my home site hadn't renewed their insurance when I was buying a pistol at a retailer. It won't invalidate your UKARA. Just means you won't be able to renew after the year is up if the site hasn't been able to get insurance. 

Edited by Asomodai

To be honest the site having insurance or not is a moot point, the main thing is proving that they have a defence to buy the RIF, they have a valid UKARA which shows they are an airsofter (for what its worth) therefore they have a defence.  End of story

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.