Ares Vortex Razor Replica Optic

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve seen that Ares are doing a replica of the Vortex Razor LPVO and want to know if anyone has one and what they’re like. Even if they’re half decent it may be worth taking a punt as I’ve been looking at getting one for a while, but £1500 for a real one is a bit steep to chuck on an airsoft gun.

FE0E506C-C905-41A8-88CA-1E6C7407206A.png

Edited by Super64

That may be an option and all the reviews look good. I’ll have to weigh up the delivery costs of the different sellers to see what’s best. I’ve seen this advertised of a few of the Chinese airsoft stores so I’ll see which is best value. But the reviews are definitely promising.

Edited by Super64

4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

It won’t be ARES, it will be one of the Chinese factories, might be cheaper buying direct from ppt-outdoor or Aliexpress 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003159748293.html

I’ve ordered that one off Aliexpress based on the reviews. I’m looking forward to seeing what it’s like when it turns up.

2 hours ago, Super64 said:

I’ve ordered that one off Aliexpress based on the reviews. I’m looking forward to seeing what it’s like when it turns up.

Don’t forget to come back and let us know

• 4 weeks later...

It took nearly a month, but it got here and I have to say I’m very impressed. So a big thank you to rocketdogbert for the heads up. It looks absolutely perfect, apart from the damage to the front and a couple of small scratches, which I’m guessing must have happened during packaging as it came securely package in a decent case. The markings are really nice and it has some decent weight to it. Plus it comes with everything in the picture, Geissele style mount, covers, kill flash and throw lever. The glass is nice and clear with decent crosshairs and the zoom in and out is smooth enough. Obviously it’s not going to be as smooth as the real thing, but it’s a hell of a lot cheaper. All in all I’m very happy. Just waiting for my 416 to arrive so I can get on with my SEAL Team Clay Spenser build.

FBB76DB9-B3A0-44EE-94B4-81F78D9E499E.jpeg

4D77DD5A-ADBF-4435-B2FB-33AAE17E65DF.jpeg

31E0EB4B-F468-4CB2-BF0A-CD783BC95F14.jpeg

Agreed @rocketdogbert That'd be pretty much all I'd notice about it.

Having said that, it does seem a decent package, especially with the mount and case. Make sure you post a phot when it's in place on you 416.

I wanted a similar build but have kept the 416 more Jason Hayes, and the scope I've ordered will go on my MWS.

To be honest, my heart did sink when I saw the dent and if it had been a U.K. or European store it would be going back. But it’s just way to much hassle to try sending it back to an Aliexpress store in China. So I’ve made my peace with it 😏 

I’ve got a 416 with the Geissele rail for the Jason Hayes look, but I’ve been after a Clay 416 as well. I’ll get pictures posted when it arrives and it’s kitted up. In the mean time I’ve stuck it on my TM M4 URG-I.

6E09488C-7E5B-4008-B7B2-E055D0DAEA15.jpeg

I completely understand not wanting to send it back. As long as the sight picture isn't affected by it, it's liveable. 

Looks decent on the URG-I  👌

20 hours ago, Super64 said:

To be honest, my heart did sink when I saw the dent and if it had been a U.K. or European store it would be going back. But it’s just way to much hassle to try sending it back to an Aliexpress store in China. So I’ve made my peace with it 😏 

I’ve got a 416 with the Geissele rail for the Jason Hayes look, but I’ve been after a Clay 416 as well. I’ll get pictures posted when it arrives and it’s kitted up. In the mean time I’ve stuck it on my TM M4 URG-I.

6E09488C-7E5B-4008-B7B2-E055D0DAEA15.jpeg

Ali Express are good with dealing with disputes

I have had a couple of partial refunds for kit that has turned up sub-par or just shite!

If you can live with the dent, I would DEFINITELY raise the issue, I wouldn’t be surprised if you get offered 50% of the purchase price back by them.

Then it’s worth living with 👌

edit:

fuck me , I’ve just seen how much that cost

100% get a claim in mate 😳

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

5 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Ali Express are good with dealing with disputes

I have had a couple of partial refunds for kit that has turned up sub-par or just shite!

If you can live with the dent, I would DEFINITELY raise the issue, I wouldn’t be surprised if you get offered 50% of the purchase price back by them.

Then it’s worth living with 👌

edit:

fuck me , I’ve just seen how much that cost

100% get a claim in mate 😳

Yeah, I guess it can’t harm to ask. Nothing to lose I suppose.

Well my dispute is in with Aliexpress so I’ll see what happens with that, but in the meantime I’m pretty much done with my Clay Spenser build. One or two little touches left to do, needs a better charging handle, but other than that, even with the damage, I’m very happy with it. I think it looks great with my Jason Hayes build.

1F4F88BF-5AB8-4FC7-9D3A-2400B114FAAA.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Super64 said:

Well my dispute is in with Aliexpress so I’ll see what happens with that, but in the meantime I’m pretty much done with my Clay Spenser build. One or two little touches left to do, needs a better charging handle, but other than that, even with the damage, I’m very happy with it. I think it looks great with my Jason Hayes build.

I've gone hybrid now I've received my scope and mount 

20220322_135603.thumb.jpg.74dd69abb3af8c13b334a56dd9a510b2.jpg

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

I've gone hybrid now I've received my scope and mount 

20220322_135603.thumb.jpg.74dd69abb3af8c13b334a56dd9a510b2.jpg

Nice. I want a different stock on my URG-I. I think I’m going to go with a tan B5 Sopmod, but the Magpul with the riser looks nice. That may be an option. Is that a genuine Insight torch or a replica? 

8 hours ago, Super64 said:

Nice. I want a different stock on my URG-I. I think I’m going to go with a tan B5 Sopmod, but the Magpul with the riser looks nice. That may be an option. Is that a genuine Insight torch or a replica? 

No, the light and PEQ are Element clones. Waiting on a Surefire M600 clone to replace it. Much as I like real steel, some things I can't justify, sadly.

The stock, riser, grip, trigger guard and vertical grip are all Magpul, PTS Radian charging handle, HAO Industries Geissele clone scope mount and SMR rail, Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24 scope, with Angry Gun flash hider and can. 

Sopmod stocks are nice. I also like the Magpul MOE range. Whatever you decide, post pics! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2022 at 12:44, Super64 said:

@Super64How did Ali Express respond to your dispute bud?

• 6 months later...
Just now, rocketdogbert said:

To or in?

to, Aliexpress, in, no

So I ordered one on AliExpress from holy warrior it was sent out apparently then got held up at customs, then got sent back to sender. I got a message from holy warrior saying

“ Hello there! Due to the recent implementation of strict security inspection policies in China, our merchandise channels cannot be sent abroad through customs. We are also actively seeking solutions. Channel delivery of EMS.E data packages has been suspended, and orders that have been shipped are still trying to declare and pass customs. please wait patiently. If you are in a hurry, you can file a dispute and we will review and refund your payment. Or you can make up the freight, we can now use FEDEX to send, the specific freight price you can contact our customer service staff to estimate, the inconvenience, sorry for the inconvenience! Seems a little bit sus to me. So just want a reliable seller where I can buy one from that will actually ship it to the Uk 

5 minutes ago, FACTOtpr said:

…..badly formatted and difficult to read response…

What you’re after doesn’t exist, good priced sights in the U.K., sorry.

I know nobody who has had trouble with HW, but they  are correct about return shipping into China, it’s incredibly strict.

You got unlucky, I’ve ordered a lot of kit from Aliexpress, so have a lot of others here, with almost zero problems.

File a claim, and order with FEDEX as suggested is my only suggestion.

also, post the link you bought from, just to be sure you actually ordered from a legit seller and not a fake HW

HOLY WARRIOR Official Store
https://m.aliexpress.com/store/v3/home.html?shopId=910570041&sellerId=233011759&pagePath=index.htm&sellerAdminSeq=233011759&srcSns=sns_Copy

8 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

What you’re after doesn’t exist, good priced sights in the U.K., sorry.

I know nobody who has had trouble with HW, but they  are correct about return shipping into China, it’s incredibly strict.

You got unlucky, I’ve ordered a lot of kit from Aliexpress, so have a lot of others here, with almost zero problems.

File a claim, and order with FEDEX as suggested is my only suggestion.

also, post the link you bought from, just to be sure you actually ordered from a legit seller and not a fake HW

No I don’t mind ordering g it abroad just as long as it gets to me.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.