Which pistols should I buy?

Matt.2504

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m looking at getting 2 pistols to run as a standard set-up regardless of whether I’m using a rifle, smg, sniper, DMR or pistols only.

I tend to play woodland or urban ( former military bases / prisons) but occasional CQB so I want a set up suitable for all. 

My thoughts: pistol 1 - long range super sneaky ( I think we all know which platform I’m talking about) and pistol 2 - which allows for quick follow up shots for those times you’re finding yourself out numbered.

Pistol 1 - we all know I’m talking about a MK.23. The only real question is which one; TM, Novritsch or clone ( ASG / STTI)? Which will give better performance? ( range, accuracy, gas efficiency) or will there be any difference when upgrades are done?( TDC, Crazy jet barrel, Hop rubber and whatever else I’ve forgotten to say).

Pistol 2 - this is the one where I’m not too sure on the platform so other suggestions welcome.

The current contenders:

TM FNX.45

TM HK.45 tactical

TM Hi-Capa ( but lots of upgrades to look like a Kimber TLE)

Novritsch SSP1

AAP-01 ( with black mamba slide and potentially folding stock and when I have an HPA set up.. MP5 magazine adaptor)

Taran Tactical John Wick double stack 1911 whose name I cant remember (because who doesn’t want to be Mr Wick)

Other suggestions welcome ( just please no glocks, I already have a TM Glock 17 which I’m looking at selling.

( no issues with it, I just fancy a change. Any one interested? Has upgraded recoil spring, maple leaf hop unit, crazy jet barrel; comes with 2 standard and 1 extended magazine)

many thanks

Matt

1 hour ago, Matt.2504 said:

Pistol 1 - we all know I’m talking about a MK.23. The only real question is which one; TM, Novritsch or clone ( ASG / STTI)? Which will give better performance? ( range, accuracy, gas efficiency) or will there be any difference when upgrades are done?( TDC, Crazy jet barrel, Hop rubber and whatever else I’ve forgotten to say).

Out of the box the SSX23 blows all the other options away and if you argue that, you're just a "hater"

If you want H&K trades and are willing to go through the upgrade route yourself, then the TM would of course be the go-to. The ASG/STTI are just budget versions of the latter.

I wouldn't get the SSP1 unless you're just looking for a CO2 pistol. The TM Hi-Capa's are infinitely better on green gas. I love my Gold Match and anything you do to it, isn't really an upgrade. You're just changing the externals.

I am also very keen on my AAP-01 with Black Mamba kit but it's more cumbersome to carry than a Hi-capa. How important is full-auto and a folding stock to you?

Edit; any excuse to post this little clip 😁

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

Hands down hk45 or fnx as far as gbb pistols go imo. They may not have masses of after market stuff but they don't need it and work fantastically in the cold. As far as the mk23 goes the Nov works well out the box and has the metal rmr ready slide if you are going that route. But many have suffered the same feed issues as the clones as that what it's based on. Also to note many end up swapping out the Nov upgrade parts for better ones as you can get more out of them.

7 hours ago, heroshark said:

But many have suffered the same feed issues as the clones as that what it's based on.

I had a pre-2020 SSX23, the jamming and double-feeding was ridiculous. Although I don't think they ever directly accepted responsibility, Novritsch did release feedlips which fixed this.

I pretty much only run my TM mk23 and TM hk45 tactical these days, so my votes are for those two. They both perform amazingly and both work in the cold with no real issues. With the same upgrades, they both shoot about as well and accurate to 50m is more than enough. Could probably push more performance out of them if I used .48s instead of .32s, but it's excessive and expensive!

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

I pretty much only run my TM mk23 and TM hk45 tactical these days, so my votes are for those two. They both perform amazingly and both work in the cold with no real issues. With the same upgrades, they both shoot about as well and accurate to 50m is more than enough. Could probably push more performance out of them if I used .48s instead of .32s, but it's excessive and expensive!

Ditto and sometimes some extra pistols just in case. More silly guns than anything but as reliable cold weather gbb TM pistols go the USP compact with its nice little slide its very snappy even when it's freezing.

Edited by heroshark

On 18/02/2022 at 12:54, heroshark said:

Hands down hk45 or fnx as far as gbb pistols go imo. They may not have masses of after market stuff but they don't need it and work fantastically in the cold.

Finding a pistol which works well in the cold has been the bane of my airsofting experience. Love my Co2 P-09 but when you see the o-ring which keeps it from leaking, it's not wonder they fail after five minutes.

Which gas do you use in the HK45 or FNX when it's cold?

4 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Finding a pistol which works well in the cold has been the bane of my airsofting experience. Love my Co2 P-09 but when you see the o-ring which keeps it from leaking, it's not wonder they fail after five minutes.

Which gas do you use in the HK45 or FNX when it's cold?

When it starts to get sluggish on green in the cold I've used black but before every thing f-ed up I got a load of the high pressure silicon free puff-dino off tw gun and that works nicely in sub zero similar to using green on an average UK temperament.

I skirmish normally both Novi SSX23 (2 screw TDC mod added) and SSP1 (Cutaway barrel and short stroke kit), they've worked flawlessly for last 4 years now, SSP1 now well battered but I love how loud it is. recently got a ASG CZ P-09 and an FNX-45, both of the later are superb and probably better than the SSP1. the P09 would be my recommendation as its cheaper and feels better in the hand

Edited by MadMole

I think I’ve made up my mind.

TM MK.23 , TM FNX.45 and an AAP-01.

thank you very much for all your input.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.