WE TT-33 or SRC SR33 Threading of the barrel?

parallel-knight

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to get a gas TT-33 for my future Russian loadout, but I want to put a suppressor on it. Is it actually possible to thread an airsoft guns barrel? If so how hard would it be to thread the barrel. I'd probably go for a 14mm CCW thread because lots of suppressors have that threading pitch. Could anyone please help with any info on how to thread a barrel.

TOKAREV-0

• Supporters

14mmccw is usually used as an external thread, so you'd need the barrel to extend beyond the end of the slide:

Cybergun VFC FNX 45 TACTICAL GBB Tan -

which the tokarev simply isn't setup to do.

if you want a russian pistol with a suppressor then look at the WE makarov- it'll come with a threaded barrel and matching suppressor.

What era Russian loadout are you doing? I ask as the Tokarev was replaced by the Makarov in 1952 and production ended in 1955

I belive the SRC barrel comes with internal 11mm threaded barrels so you would need an 11m to 14mm adaptor. Don't if WE does but you could get a tap and cut a 11/12mm thread. KWA/KSC tokarev come with plastic barrels so you could cut threads with the 11mm to 14mm  adaptor but that might go squint and the thread would strip relatively easy.

The WE version does have an internal thread. Just had a look at mine, didn't know until I looked 😁

Also there is a version of the MP-443 grach available but I've heard it's not great, there is also the Glock 17 which some russian branches use

Edited by strykerles

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

A different question, I know, but is the WE version recommended over the alternatives?

its a single stack WE so it's not good. I had a KWA wasn't terrible but not fantastic. there aren't really any good soviet side arms. could go for a KWA VZ61 

Edited by BigStew

Another common issue with the WE Makarov is the loading nozzle breaking and causing feeding problems. Fortunately changing it is an easy job that even I could do

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.