Sight

snuff

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sights fitted and used yesterday,game changer IMO,well for me.BB's actually go where you want without having to guess,less bb's used and a lot more semi-auto.I've never used sights before.No guaging shot give away,Just wait for players to stick their's bod's out or fill a hole....great..LOL.

Sights are great when the BB's go where they supposed to, but awfully irritating when the BB's decide to go off-line and you can't zero the sight.  I had that with my AR15 so would revert to fitting the iron sights (and then not use them!)

Anyway glad it worked for you.  I too had a great time pinging people with first or second shots from my DE + Kobra at the weekend 😁

9 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Sights are great when the BB's go where they supposed to, but awfully irritating when the BB's decide to go off-line and you can't zero the sight.  I had that with my AR15 so would revert to fitting the iron sights (and then not use them!)

It took about 5-7 clicks L-R to zero them,just lucky with that I guess.Opting for a tightbore now because I can see how the bb's are wandering off and I'd like to improve the grouping.

Just be aware that putting in the tightbore may make your gun more susceptible to getting a BB jammed in there, and you'll be wanting to buy top-end ammo (like Geoff's) to avoid problems, where you might have got away with the cheap stuff before.
Even that's no guarantee - when you're potentially getting through thousands of BBs in a day there's always the odd one going to be out-of-spec.

Anyway, it's up to you to decide if extra accuracy is worth that potential issue / increased ammo cost.

It might be an idea to see what luck other people have had with various tightbores and your rif ceteris paribus.   Some people swear by a wide bore in some set ups, others rave over a cheap tightbore of dubious stated bore but undoubted accuracy.  

Sticking any old tight bore barrel in a rif won't necessarily increase accuracy.  I now that from sad experience. 

Be nice to get such a lovely gun shooting bob on and exploiting your new found abilities!  

11 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

It might be an idea to see what luck other people have had with various tightbores and your rif ceteris paribus.   Some people swear by a wide bore in some set ups, others rave over a cheap tightbore of dubious stated bore but undoubted accuracy.  

"Par for the cause" to tightbore all AEG's I thought,LOL..It's a Krytac and grouping is the only criticism I can levy,propably now because I can see where the bb's should be going...If I can get the grouping a tad tighter all is good.The life of an airsofter is blighted with trials.....

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Sticking any old tight bore barrel in a rif won't necessarily increase accuracy.  I now that from sad experience. 

i generally hold that nominal bore size is less important than overall quality in terms of straightness, consistency of diameter and finish.

and overall it's easily overcome by even mild deficiencies elsewhere in terms of air seal, hop and ammo quality.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.