Airsoft bootsales?

SSPKali

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all, I have decided to finally tackle the huge box of gear and parts I have kicking about and thought a bring n’ buy sale would be a good way to shift it without the bore of taking photos, getting paid and posting it all.

Does anyone know of any airsoft bring and buy sales in the Midlands / South West coming up? I know UCAP were looking to do one last year and Bristol Courthouse (RIP) used to put them on every month.

What I've done in the past when I've had a surfeit of kit is take it along to a site during a game day and put it up for sale at the desk/counter/stack of pallets etc. Work out with the site owners what percentage of sales they get as their fee and everyone is happy. Done this a few times at different sites over the years. Just be sure you OK it beforehand.

Could always ask if your local site want to run one....as mentioned, sites will often let sales happen, but a car full ....

39 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Could always ask if your local site want to run one....as mentioned, sites will often let sales happen, but a car full ....

It's just a question of making it worth their while. If it's a car full, maybe offer to hold your sale at the end of the day so as to not disrupt the play.

I've found that "making it worth their while" can amount to nothing more than h̶a̶n̶d̶j̶o̶b̶s̶ giving owners and marshals first dibs on the best gear.

Edited by MAX DICKER

12 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

giving owners and marshals first dibs on the best gear.

So they can low ball beyond reasonable then sulk when you say no? Meh

29 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

That's not been my experience but certainly likely.

Only a knobber walks away from a fair price when you get first dibs on an item you want, I struggle to say no 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.