Any Archwick L119A2 News?

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

We wish. I heard the first batch was for Asian market only. Think tiger were taking pre order, but haven’t heard of anyone getting their hands on one yet. I have a contact in the uksf milsim scene but no news as of yet. 

• 1 year later...

I’ve just seen that Landwarrior have the Archwick L119A2 listed on their GBB’s page, but showing out of stock. I’m wondering if that means they’ll be getting some in stock soon. Listed at £1999.99 though 😬 I may have to consider selling some of my keepers if they do get some.

Sorry for the necropost, but thought the update was worth it 😉

8 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

2 grand for lets be honest here.... an m4 with slightly different trades and giving money to Cybergun due to the licensing. Nah, you're all right mate.

This is no m4 matey. The engineered monolithic upper is a work of art. And choice of ghk or Tokyo marui internals is a master stroke. 

1 minute ago, SBoardley said:

But….1200$ From Jk is around 1000£ plus import duty and postage brings it to around 1300£. 2 Grand seems a bit… greedy?

Assuming it's 20% import that's £1560 invested by the retailers. 

It's a 23% mark up, considering most standard retail works around 100% mark up I wouldn't consider that's too greedy. 

Think of the stock that investment could turn over if pumped into generic starter aegs and the risk of them being labelled on forums like this and sitting on the shelves for ages. 

@Emergencychimpsso what’s the point of buying it from them? If you can import it cheaper than them is what I’m saying. If it costs them £1500. They are in the wrong business. I’ve had an import quote including tax is less than £1300. 

15 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

@Emergencychimpsso what’s the point of buying it from them? If you can import it cheaper than them is what I’m saying. If it costs them £1500. They are in the wrong business. I’ve had an import quote including tax is less than £1300. 

Just seen my maths weren't great....tired and out at the moment (sorry for any confusion!) 

Why buy anything from a UK retailer? They all have their mark up. Everything (pretty much) is imported for this sport and you could import it all at lower costs than buying from a UK based retailer, especially if you were sensible to reduce shipping costs and bulk buy etc.

Importing yourself generally means longer waiting times, almost zero customer service should something go wrong , faff dealing with fees and shipping but you get a cheaper product. As a percentage the amount they have added probably isn't a higher percentage than other items, but as the other items are cheaper the add on doesn't seem as extreme. You don't mind over paying £5 for BBS for ease factor. 

When I worked in retail (a long time ago!) The standard mark up was 100% so at that percentage the price would be £2600 (based on your costings). 

Ultimately they aren't a charity, they invest in products and give a service, you can walk in, pay, no wait, no faff somewhere to turn to if it doesn't work etc. And they need to see a certain return on their investments to keep the doors open, lights on, pay wages etc. 

Yes but your basing your price on a retail price. Surely their wholesale price is less than what we can buy it for?

It seems they obviously cannot buy it cheaper than we can hence the £700 markups 

Don't forget any shop will have other costs, eg rent, power bills, staff wages etc,to cover. As Emergencychimps posted, they're not a charity

I get that and I’m gonna drop it cus I’ve already paid over the top for a hao mws kit, but that’s how shops work; they buy summits for £50, sell it for £100 plus vat ie £120. And take the costs out of this. My wife works in interior design and often prices catalogs. So something is broken in their pricing chain. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.