LCT SVD teaser vid

rj1986

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Nice looking piece of kit. Curious as to what price tag these end up going for?

Real Sword seems to be a thing of the past, whilst E&L's offering seemed to be vapourware. 

Should do well if it's a decent performer.  Will fill the Dragunov niche for a good few players. 

It will be interesting to see what price they decided for this?  The past  build up for the lct svd, people on social media seem to be thinking £450-500 mark but I am personal thinking  it will be more, possibly looking at a similar price to that of the Limited Special Edition lct type 3 AK47 £650. 

Edited by Sniper780

10 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

It will be interesting to see what price they decided for this?  The past  build up for the lct svd, people on social media seem to be thinking £450-500 mark but I am personal thinking  it will be more, possibly looking at a similar price to that of the Limited Special Edition lct type 3 AK47 £650. 

Seems like it would be about that. Taking Fire support prices, the GS SG1 is about 500 while the AK47 is about 650. So in the interest of speculation will predict £600 myself. Off course could be off and it might be closer to their RPD in price. 

Will be curious as to what the internals look like? Probably close to the Real sword or Cyma. 

Edited by DerDer

1 hour ago, DerDer said:

Will be curious as to what the internals look like? Probably close to the Real sword or Cyma. 

hopefully better than the cyma with the 4 gears in the box, nightmare to work on

On 23/10/2021 at 09:13, DerDer said:

Off course could be off and it might be closer to their RPD in price

That is an interesting point, while I believe it would limit the market if they put it a rpd or pkp prices, they could very well do that since they are currently the only large airsoft manufacture making a genuine milled steel svd and possibly other variants looking at the box. 

Especially since Real Sword has not re-done a rerelease of their gen2 SVD.       

• 1 month later...

Seems to be scheduled for release at the very end of the year. Imagine it will be about February before it shows up in Europe. 

Looking forward to the reviews. 

Also seems to be using the RS four gear set up. 

SVD.jpg

Gears_page-0001.jpg

Edited by DerDer
gears pic.

45 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Seems to be scheduled for release at the very end of the year. Imagine it will be about February before it shows up in Europe. 

Have LCT give a price estimate yet?

Also that QC gear box looks very interesting.

Edited by Sniper780

On 16/12/2021 at 09:59, Sniper780 said:

No news on that front. Imagine that it will show up on the preorder section of WGC shop shortly. They seem to get LCT's offerings fairly early. Speaking of which, WGC have the VFC MK48 for preorder at £875.  Just in case any members have money to burn and masochistic tendencies...  

14 hours ago, DerDer said:

WGC shop shortly. They seem to get LCT's offerings fairly early.

I wonder if LCT will produce their own optic like the one shown in the AD?

Don't recall them having any optic for sale in the past. Imagine we are left with Vector optics and Belarusian for the cheaper options. Then Russian glass for the more expensive offerings. Think Real Sword's PSO-esque scope supplies have dried up.   

Perhaps if sales are good, new scopes will come onto the market.  

You are correct, LCT have never produced their own optics yet. However they did have have an advert back in 2016 which showed LCT AKs with a number of accessories, which of course, lead to speculation that LCT may produce their own. 

Here is a page with said advert https://popularairsoft.com/news/all-lct-airsoft-ak-parts-accessories

Edited by Sniper780

On 16/12/2021 at 09:59, Sniper780 said:

Seen a preorder on a Taiwan based site. £775 for the wood version and £720 for the polymer.  Going to be a pricey one. 

Link for those interested:

https://www.proactstore.com/products/lct-svd-aeg-wood

1 hour ago, DerDer said:

Seen a preorder on a Taiwan based site. £775 for the wood version and £720 for the polymer.  Going to be a pricey one. 

Interesting I imagine UK price are going to be quite high, especially with noprol I believe being the exclusive UK distribution agent, and they add their tax on top of the RRP.

3 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

Interesting I imagine UK price are going to be quite high, especially with noprol I believe being the exclusive UK distribution agent, and they add their tax on top of the RRP.

Fair point as regards the Nuprol factor. Imagine the price will breech the £800 mark by the type they get their cut. 

those gearboxes can be a pain to work on if the cyma one is anything to go by

if it's the same as the cyma then it uses a 19 tooth piston with half teeth, 2.5 cylinder, m14esque cylinder head (m14 head can't be used) and an elongated tappet plate

getting spares is a nightmare

also that looks like it has a slim motor 😗

2 hours ago, DerDer said:

Fair point as regards the Nuprol factor. Imagine the price will breech the £800 mark by the type they get their cut.

All most certainly, Nuprol tax and the airsoft shops who will have to add to the price to make their money. I wonder how much the magazines will be?

I have all ready seen a post on the Airsoft reddit lamenting the price (Obviously this for a Canadian shop but it may be a potential indictor for the UK when they are in the shops.)  

2 hours ago, strykerles said:

getting spares is a nightmare

also that looks like it has a slim motor

With regard to the spare parts front LCT are normally fairly good on that point WGCshop carries a lot of spare parts both internal and external. 
The slim motor is also an interesting development. 

That's a hefty price tag. Not too sure how Canada's prices compare to other markets... on the other hand it might mean that it closer to nine hundred bob by the time it lands here. 

As regards parts, LCT are very decent at making spares for sale. Even from looking at their website, spare hand guards and stocks are to be made available.  Also opens up this possibility to make a refurbished esque SVD with mixed wood and polymer furniture. 

Edited by DerDer
spelling

11 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

If its just a copy of the CYMA which is a copy of the RS, for that kinda proposed money I will just buy the CYMA

I have the Cyma and until the piston stripped its teeth it performed very well

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.