Hop unit/Hop Rubber

scar1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a G&G arp9 and a 556 was using today at a CQB site both guns were shooting at about 30 meters the flying up after 30 meters but with the hop turned completely off!!! I could understand if I had full hop on but hop was totally off I was using .25 bb’s that’s the site limit. Both guns are totally stock I’ve not taken gun apart yet to have a look yet 

any ideas

some units still have a small amount of hop applied even if fully off

my VSS can still hop a .30 when the hop is fully off due to there still being a small amount applied

might be worth trying some heavier ammo and see how you get on with range

Edited by strykerles

• Supporters

wonder if the arm was a bit tight/stuck

it's not unheard of for guns to have a level of lift with the hop turned off, indeed i've done it many a time intentionally. however i'd be surprised if a stock arp was doing it.

2 hours ago, strykerles said:

some units still have a small amount of hop applied even if fully off

my VSS can still hop a .30 when the hop is fully off due to there still being a small amount applied

might be worth trying some heavier ammo and see how you get on with range

Yeah I was thinking about heavier bb but the site I got only allows.25 bb’s in cqb, personally I’ve not heard anything like that before not that I’ve been doing it for long 

thanks. 

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's not unheard of for guns to have a level of lift with the hop turned off, indeed i've done it many a time intentionally. however i'd be surprised if a stock arp was doing it.

I’ve never heard that be but I’ve not been doing Airsoft for that long maybe I’ll take it apart and have a look 

thanks 

Yeah I was thinking about heavier bb but the site I got only allows.25 bb’s in cqb, personally I’ve not heard anything like that before not that I’ve been doing it for long 

Thanks 

10 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

That would be the first thing I'd be checking out, I've 100% seen this in the flesh, hop totally "off" but the arm not returning completely so the bucking's patch is still slightly protruding.

Sounds like maybe a disassembly and the tiniest drop of silicon oil, maybe apply with a cotton bud / toothpick, either side of the arm and on the pin holding it in place?

Take it apart, spend £20 on mapleleaf bucking and omega and put it back together.

You wont be unhappy

11 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

That would be the first thing I'd be checking out, I've 100% seen this in the flesh, hop totally "off" but the arm not returning completely so the bucking's patch is still slightly protruding.

Sounds like maybe a disassembly and the tiniest drop of silicon oil, maybe apply with a cotton bud / toothpick, either side of the arm and on the pin holding it in place?

I’ve taken apart and had a quick look 

As you can see in the pictures 

mine pictures one has full hop on and the other full hop off

2406A3DA-E6C9-47A0-BF8D-231578ACEA00.jpeg

E9DB9D7B-F98C-4C7C-B7FC-8F5D465B86CB.jpeg

7 hours ago, Groot said:

Take it apart, spend £20 on mapleleaf bucking and omega and put it back together.

You wont be unhappy

Think that’s what I’ll do when I fully take apart 

thanks 

Yes the off picture is engaged so this k that’s the issue so think I’m going to change it out to maple leaf and nub 

G&Gs do this.  If you take the hop out and lube it it may free up.  Otherwise take it apart, clean, lube and reassemble.  An ML is pretty much the uber hop, but the standard green G&G one is fine for .28s, so your .20 should be fine.  

You may find on stripping that a bit of plastic at the edge of a mould is not smooth, just trim it with a knife. 

Even after careful reassembly mine would whip .20s into the ether.  A ZCI plastic rotary hop sorted matters for less than a tenner.  

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.