TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

On 23/09/2024 at 19:01, mightyjebus said:

for those that might be interested the 5KU monolithic rail kit is a drop in fit and gives the MP5 more rail space.

image.thumb.jpeg.f037dc273545fc9ab62fcb29b1129946.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dcf6903ae8b13ef679ad97e52901e904.jpeg

How many games have you run with this? Just got it for mine and the batteries are scarily close to the slots. don't want someone getting an actual kill on me by hitting them lol

8 hours ago, Caik said:

How many games have you run with this? Just got it for mine and the batteries are scarily close to the slots. don't want someone getting an actual kill on me by hitting them lol

a couple of games so far. if you are worried about a bb strike then go a bit macgyver and add some black card between the rail and the battery. the card should take the sting out of the bb before it hits the battery.

11 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

a couple of games so far. if you are worried about a bb strike then go a bit macgyver and add some black card between the rail and the battery. the card should take the sting out of the bb before it hits the battery.

Thin plastic like the lid off a celebrations tub etc cut to size & shape will bend around the inside of your hand guard. just a thought.

11 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

Sounds like a plan. I was just a bit worried that a lucky shot or a rental renegade would get one between the gaps and turn my gun into a melted mantlepiece.

• Supporters

Would have to say, in the first instance the chances of that are soooo close to zero, honestly wouldn't worry about it.  In the second instance, LiPos very much aren't the ultra-unstable UXOs that some (fortunately rare these days) people make them out to be; again almost no chance that a bb strike would cause your battery to ignite.