Gbls das Gdr 15 Skirmish Review

mightyjebus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

7 hours ago, Sgtash said:

thats not correct,  you don’t have to drill the lower. It can be locked to semi with fitting of a grub screw in the gearbox. 
Having done a GBLS DMR for a customer it was as simple as the above grub screw and a M120 spring and it’s doing 400 FPS

yup, I got that wrong and you are correct.

on another note I seem to have acquired another one.

2581545_dasupdate.thumb.jpg.f93bb501311982e2083fd62cfe096500.jpg

Things worth mentioning are:

any attachment on the front end of the gun have a tendency to work themself loose because of the recoil so you need to make sure you tighten them up well or use some sort of thread lock.

They destroy chinese optics or at the least throw off any zero within a couple of shots.

The FPS is very consistant even to the point that I thought my chrono wasn't registering shots because the results were the exact same.

The standard hop/inner barrel with a FPS of 320 feels very Marui like in accuracy and range. with the slightly higher FPS than a standard Marui it reaches out accurately to 60/65 meters once the hop is set (I'm using 0.3g BB's).

because the trigger has a soft uptake before the break I'm finding that I can hold the trigger on the break for long periods before snapping of a very quick first shot and because the break is solid I'm not too worried about shooting myself in the foot by accident.

I'm a few full days in now with these and I really don't feel like I want to go back to TM recoils, PTW's or GBB's. I'm not saying the GBLS is a better AEG but for me the shooting experience is better.

@mightyjebus

Thanks for sharing your experience, this was really insightful and interesting to read. I just wish the waterproof electronics were standard and that the mags were affordable. Anyway, I'll have to test one out for sure! (already looking at second hand units :O) 

@Chev Chelios

Where can I read about the new mechbox? 

Edited by Hypokondrikern

My buddy has decided he has too much money invested in his DAS 416. It’s the only one to come from DAS with full trademarks, £2900 new with all the mags and bits and bobs, but you can’t buy them with trades.

He’s looking for £1800 ish if anybody is interested

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

My buddy has decided he has too much money invested in his DAS 416. It’s the only one to come from DAS with full trademarks, £2900 new with all the mags and bits and bobs, but you can’t buy them with trades.

He’s looking for £1800 ish if anybody is interested

I need to stop logging into this place 😂😂😂 Is it a gen 2 by any chance 🙈

On 04/08/2021 at 22:07, Hypokondrikern said:

@mightyjebus

Thanks for sharing your experience, this was really insightful and interesting to read. I just wish the waterproof electronics were standard and that the mags were affordable. Anyway, I'll have to test one out for sure! (already looking at second hand units :O) 

@Chev Chelios

Where can I read about the new mechbox? 

My advice is to buy new. The reason is that you get the 12 months warranty and believe you me when you consider the price of parts it makes sense. 

A couple of my mates run GBLS’s and they just love them. One has a gen 1 and the other a gen 2. I’ve used the gen 1 and I confess I like it. The gen 2 I’ll get to play with in a couple of weeks. 

Grab one from somewhere and have a play. You may find yourself hooked. :) 

Edited by AlphaBear

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

I need to stop logging into this place 😂😂😂 Is it a gen 2 by any chance 🙈

Yes, steel internals as well. If i had the cash it would be mine already

On 03/08/2021 at 07:59, mightyjebus said:

yup, I got that wrong and you are correct.

on another note I seem to have acquired another one.

2581545_dasupdate.thumb.jpg.f93bb501311982e2083fd62cfe096500.jpg

Things worth mentioning are:

any attachment on the front end of the gun have a tendency to work themself loose because of the recoil so you need to make sure you tighten them up well or use some sort of thread lock.

They destroy chinese optics or at the least throw off any zero within a couple of shots.

The FPS is very consistant even to the point that I thought my chrono wasn't registering shots because the results were the exact same.

The standard hop/inner barrel with a FPS of 320 feels very Marui like in accuracy and range. with the slightly higher FPS than a standard Marui it reaches out accurately to 60/65 meters once the hop is set (I'm using 0.3g BB's).

because the trigger has a soft uptake before the break I'm finding that I can hold the trigger on the break for long periods before snapping of a very quick first shot and because the break is solid I'm not too worried about shooting myself in the foot by accident.

I'm a few full days in now with these and I really don't feel like I want to go back to TM recoils, PTW's or GBB's. I'm not saying the GBLS is a better AEG but for me the shooting experience is better.

My mate is slowly selling all his recoils to move fully to the GBLS platform. Like you he’s about to acquire a second one. I believe he has an upgraded bolt in his which of course gives more of a kick. 

47 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

@AlphaBear

already got one second hand :0 

will try to reduce the recoil and stress on internals with the MWS buffer.

( P.S is this the new MWS thread for the GBLS :D ) 

I think this may well end up being the official GBLS thread. After all it begins with a review and we all start chiming in 😂

Myself, I am resisting the temptation. But you know what temptation leads to eventually 😂

Not a bad idea to start listing what works and what doesn't for the GBLS. I'll start and feel free to add as this thread progresses.

The HP polymer magazines can be set for 20/30/40/60 or 85 bb's. To take them apart push the retainer on the base up and slide the magazine base off. This can be quite tight on the first attempt so a bit of gentle presuasion might be needed. This exposes the 2mm allen bolt and once that is removed the base plate comes out along with the retainer. There are 2 springs in the retainer and can be easily lost. it is possible to super glue the springs to the retainer if needed. Push the bolt stop lever on the top of the magazine upwards and slide the magazine downwards in the shell to remove.

Once apart pry out the silver rod and slot into whatever number you want to set the magazine for. If you want 85 then put it in the hole that has no markings (like mine in the picture). I actually don't know who many you can get in the magazine if you leave the silver rod out completely.

1203810111_hpmag.thumb.jpg.1251b70953c2f069c1958dd194f2ade3.jpg

for BB's it might be worth cutting and pasting this list so that it continues to grow. So far I have tried and had no failures with

Blaster Devil 0.3g (diamond)

Vorsk 0.30g Green tracer

For optics I'm running a Vortex Crossfire Red Dot sight (designed for real firearms) and once zero'd it has stayed zero'd. (ask the blue team from Echolon Airsoft site yesterday :) )

I tried some clone sights but they don't hold zero for long.

Just got the wiring loom built by Cage/Perun. Micro switches look to have some sort of coating over the switch (the bit that the are pushes down on) so hoping it will live up to the hype of those water submersion videos that Cage posted. It use's an electronic "fuse" so finally that shitty blade fuse in the stock is gone along with basic tone info beeps, low battery and tripped fuse. first impressions seem to be good.

Anyone want an photos of any of the insides while I install it? Hight of the pinon against the bevel se t from factory ETC? 

On the subject of BBs, I have only ever run geoff's bbs, 0.32g Tracer and 0.36g SP. Touch wood never had a miss feed or crushed BB so wary of trying any thing else. 

This look interesting, a adapter that uses KWA 120 round EPM mags and still has bolt lock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEeIW41gvg4

Good resource for maintenance and disassembly https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCctYtgnvuGhNogS7wxTE1-A/videos   

3 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

Anyone want an photos of any of the insides while I install it? Hight of the pinon against the bevel se t from factory ETC?

nice idea.

Also ADMINS, if you happen to stumble into this thread can you rename/move it to something/somewhere more suitable.

(Correct me if I am wrong) 

Parts compatibility for the GBLS

Buffer tube:  milspec 

Triggerguard: AEG ( according to the online stores. Some users say it’s RS ) 

Pistol grip: AEG

Outer barrel: WA M4 GBBR

Inner barrel and hop: AEG

Charging handle: RS / PTW / GHK

Sling swivel: RS / GBBR

Handguard: RS / AEG

Edited by Hypokondrikern

2 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

Mind posting a pic please? I assume you just chopped both mag internals in half and then glued the top das mag to the mid-cap/hi-cap lower?

A bit more finesse than that, but basically that’s the idea.

I don’t have any pics, I did it for a buddy of mine a few months back.

if you take the original low caps apart, you can grind off the small tab that stops the bb follower and get and instant increase in capacity as well

2 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

@rocketdogbert Do you mean that a conventional AEG midcap can be used and still retain the bolt stop? Can the GBLS follower move freely in a typical AEG mag channel? I don't know why but I feel like building a gbls mag which looks like a PMAG 40 rounder. 

Yes, you need to ensure the channel will take the GBLS follower, then the bolt stop will still work, as it works exactly like a gbb mag

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.