Guns You Know Are Bad but You Love Them Anyway

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

GBBRs make more sense than AEGs for bullpups but aside from SRU kits which aren't my cup of tea, your options are limited to the Groza (hen's teeth), the Tavor (hen's teeth and also crap), the WE L85 (spotty but ok unless you're a lefty) or the GHK AUG (good if you like that sort of thing)

Why no love for the WE/Cybergun P90 GBBR?

image.png.04889dee3b12c7b01c45b87ebb572003.png

25 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Isn't it supposed to be utter shit?

Is it? Shit was thinking of getting one.

3 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Is it? Shit was thinking of getting one.

From what I heard it's the mags. Apparently you can get it running alright with HPA though. 

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

From what I heard it's the mags. Apparently you can get it running alright with HPA though. 

can kinda beleive that.

they'd be dropping either liquid or gas into the gun depending on orientation, a more conventional gun generally will only feed the gas unless the mag is overfilled.

i know it has the whole u-bend thing going on but can see how that wouldn't be enough.

i suppose at least the u bend makes hpa tapping easier as you can swap mags without having to unplug every time.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

can kinda beleive that.

they'd be dropping either liquid or gas into the gun depending on orientation, a more conventional gun generally will only feed the gas unless the mag is overfilled.

i know it has the whole u-bend thing going on but can see how that wouldn't be enough.

i suppose at least the u bend makes hpa tapping easier as you can swap mags without having to unplug every time.

That makes sense as the ones I'd seen had the hose running into the receiver. 

I want to making my own GBBR bullpup using printed parts and G5 internals. Not sure how well that'd hold up though. 

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

That makes sense as the ones I'd seen had the hose running into the receiver. 

yeah, although not sure by the time you factor in mag prices if it's cheaper than putting a daytona into an aeg body.

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Do I detect a recent watching of Forgotten Weapons?  I believe I commented "This is the most airsoft looking gun ever made which doesn't have an airsoft version." :D 

More like ArmA 3 :P but yeah, Ian's video plays a role too.

My main gripe is with barrels, I can't stand anything over 300mm for Airsoft as it brings more hassle than benefits (10" is the absolute sweet spot) and bullpups aren't really designed around short barrels :(

39 minutes ago, Skara said:

More like ArmA 3 :P but yeah, Ian's video plays a role too.

My main gripe is with barrels, I can't stand anything over 300mm for Airsoft as it brings more hassle than benefits (10" is the absolute sweet spot) and bullpups aren't really designed around short barrels :(

I'm the same. You end up with a bunch of dead space and extra length. It'd be better if you could make use of that extra length like with a tracer unit or round counter hidden in the gas block or something

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Skara said:

My main gripe is with barrels, I can't stand anything over 300mm for Airsoft as it brings more hassle than benefits (10" is the absolute sweet spot)

Agreed. I've gone longer for a DMR,  but that was mostly to fill out the barrel extension, not because I think it adds extra kills-per-second.

Considering that I'm getting 1.05J out of an M100 and a 110mm x 6.01mm barrel, barrel length at sane energies is more about the PP than the BB.

14 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Agreed. I've gone longer for a DMR,  but that was mostly to fill out the barrel extension, not because I think it adds extra kills-per-second.

Considering that I'm getting 1.05J out of an M100 and a 110mm x 6.01mm barrel, barrel length at sane energies is more about the PP than the BB.

I looked at converting my SCAR H to a V2 5 gearbox to justify the extra length but it's really not worth the effort. 

Following the thread title:

The WE Browning Hi-Power MK3

Its BAD but I love it anyway because...... its a Hi-Power MK3 😄

(To avoid breaking the striker as so many have, the slide has to be racked before inserting the mag)

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.